Author Topic: Identifying Prisoncer Cell Block H music cues  (Read 1347 times)

malibuconvertible

Identifying Prisoncer Cell Block H music cues
« on: April 27, 2023, 07:30:40 AM »
Hey all. I've been working my way through the music used in Prisoner, trying to upgrade everything I have to lossless, mainly from mp3s I downloaded from Retronic's blog years ago. At the time I (stupidly) re-tagged, stored away and have since re-found these mp3s, so they were in a bit of a mess. There's still about two dozen tracks I've yet to find in lossless, but at least I know what they are and what releases they hail from - just a case of tracking them down.

I've uploaded the last 3 tracks I'm still scratching my head over that I don't know where they came from, so hopefully someone here can identify them. They are:

- Dementia
- Discovery 2
- Eye Opener I

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/YVkDFbwY#9gye9Dikd6qi5hQoNNXqew

Not sure if I've mis-labelled that last one as it isn't the Eye Opener I as found here: https://www.discogs.com/release/2937581-Various-Watchful-Eye

Hopefully someone knows the source/artist/release of these tracks.

Thank you.

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: Identifying Prisoncer Cell Block H music cues
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 01:49:57 PM »
I can check when I’m home and will upload them in lossless.  Dementia was from Boosey & Hawkes, there were two versions of Eye Opener on Bruton.  Can’t think what Discovery 2 is.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 01:51:18 PM »
Discovery is also a Boosey one but forget the name.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023, 06:37:53 AM »
pixeldrain.com/u/UTjDSG9i - Off Centre by Frank Talley (SBH 2985)
pixeldrain.com/u/6AVHeSV5 - Dementia by Frank Talley (SBH 2960)

Can't remember the other one for now but sure it's Bruton and sounds like Brian Bennett but I may be wrong.

malibuconvertible

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2023, 07:21:08 AM »
Retronic, thank you very much appreciated. Those were the biggest head scratchers for me, now solved. I'll also have a look for Eye Opener I on any Bruton stuff I have to see if I have it already. Really big help, thanks.  :)

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2023, 07:44:56 AM »
My biggest want is still the pop music played when Lexie is inducted in 509 @ 12.38

It's a bit of a mystery as I have seen a cue sheet for the episode and it isn't listed which makes me think it could possibly be a commercial track- sounds like library though but I have exhausted all the main libraries and if on some library record somewhere it may be European.  The other track she plays later in the recroom may be off the same record.

Would be very happy to solve this one

malibuconvertible

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2023, 03:15:02 PM »
It sounds like a Church of the Poison Mind sound-a-like, which is surely intentional with Lexie.  ;)

MusicMuzak

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2023, 02:08:59 PM »
Number 3 is indeed Eye Opener 1 by Brian Bennett from Bruton BRM 08 Watchful Eye.
https://www.discogs.com/release/2937581-Various-Watchful-Eye

malibuconvertible

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2023, 01:43:22 PM »
Thanks for your reply, I haven't been checking the thread so forgive the late reply.

I've checked my copy of Watchful Eye and that track is neither Eye Opener I or II - unless my download of Watchful Eye is a frankenstein compilation or something, I don't actually remember where it came from, but here are the two versions of Eye Opener I and II that I have from Watchful Eye: hxxps://mega.nz/folder/kvVF3QxB#e-9qjN-EcYnq3bmhRCQBhA

I did find another couple of tracks that I can't figure out the source of: hxxps://mega.nz/folder/QrsWlYZZ#5ZlY9T1b7Rth3nTB6fFukA
  • ??? (Labeled as Eye Opener I) - As above in my original post.
  • ??? Chance Meeting
  • ??? Romance (Bea thinks of Ken)
Can anyone help identify these last two as well please?  :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 01:45:22 PM by malibuconvertible »

MusicMuzak

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2023, 01:51:59 AM »
Hi. It's definitely Eye opener 1 if you go by
Bruton BRM 08.

However it gets tricky. It's called Eye opener 1 on bruton brj 08 Drama montage album which is a complete different version of the song. You probably have that album. If that's not confusing enough, this drama montage eye opener 1 different version is eye opener 2 on brm 08!!!!

To clarify I've uploaded album listing and  tracks from both albums and you'll see you've been listening to BRJ  eye opener 1 which is not the BRM 08 eye opener 1 you originally posted.

Try to upload queries with mp3 file extension as not everyone can open m4a. I had to convert yours.

The other track query about Ken and Bea is James Clarke "Pretty scenes" from KPM 1179 Orchestral Contrasts. ncluded in link.

mega.nz/folder/5ZNWhbBJ#u1q_UHFwJEB986plLhAjMw

Hope it helps! :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 12:37:26 AM by Greta »

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2023, 07:48:18 AM »
'Chance Meeting' is 'Chance' by John Saunders from RMS/LP 119 - Pulses

I need to dig out the LPs for the 'Eye Opener' track as that's the source editors used on the show. 

malibuconvertible

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2023, 06:40:04 PM »
Thanks very much for your help both of you, these were the last 2 tracks I didn't know the details on.
This Eye Opener track is living up to it's name, but I think I'm on the right track now - I had BRM 8 and BRJ 8 mixed up/mis-labelled somehow, a very clumsy mistake!  :-X
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 06:42:33 PM by malibuconvertible »

MusicMuzak

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2023, 06:07:00 AM »
Glad it's sorted  :)