Author Topic: KPM is merging with Extreme Music  (Read 1654 times)

Mr

• Administrator
KPM is merging with Extreme Music
« on: April 25, 2023, 04:40:02 PM »

https://kpmmusic.com/en/info/kpmextrememerge

I'm sure some of you may be aware of this already, but Sony/ATV announced in 2020 that it was planning on merging Extreme Music and EMI Production Music into a single operation, headed by Extreme's founder Russell Emanuel - and it seems these plans are going through. In the meantime EMI Production Music has been re-branded to KPM, and KPM's digital platform added a notice a while back that all its content would be moving to Extreme's online platform "very soon".

Publishing giant Sony/ATV, itself a merger of Sony Music Publishing and ATV Music, acquired Extreme in 2008, and EMI Music Publishing (including EMI Production Music) in 2012, with the two operating separately until now.

- So that's yet another entry in the laundry list of mergers and acquisitions in KPM's nearly 200 year long history.

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
Re: KPM is merging with Extreme Music
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 06:43:44 PM »

https://kpmmusic.com/en/info/kpmextrememerge

I'm sure some of you may be aware of this already, but Sony/ATV announced in 2020 that it was planning on merging Extreme Music and EMI Production Music into a single operation, headed by Extreme's founder Russell Emanuel - and it seems these plans are going through. In the meantime EMI Production Music has been re-branded to KPM, and KPM's digital platform added a notice a while back that all its content would be moving to Extreme's online platform "very soon".

Publishing giant Sony/ATV, itself a merger of Sony Music Publishing and ATV Music, acquired Extreme in 2008, and EMI Music Publishing (including EMI Production Music) in 2012, with the two operating separately until now.

- So that's yet another entry in the laundry list of mergers and acquisitions in KPM's nearly 200 year long history.
That's what i was looking for, i was so excited, so excited that i am looking forward to the merge, but my biggest fear is that, could the KPM website go shut down or not? :-\ That's my question. Please reply as soon as possible, and i am sure it will help. Thank you! ;D

KPMFan1000

• lg78
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 07:43:54 PM »
Is KPM going to be removed from APM?
LibraryGuy78

Moleoman

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 09:06:15 PM »
From what I know, it won't. In fact, an article Extreme Music posted way back in January 2023 (which was the initial merger date before they postponed the process into an unspecified date) stated the KPM catalogue won't be available (yet?) through Extreme in US, Canada or France: https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=5342.msg37844#msg37844

LibraryDude

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2023, 09:35:20 AM »
Looks like it's all live on the Extreme site now - https://www.extrememusic.com/discover/labels

malibuconvertible

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2023, 07:36:32 AM »
Thanks for the headsup LibraryDude.

joakim95

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2023, 08:31:32 PM »
Is it only for me that the Extreme Music website runs a lot slower than kpmmusic.com?

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2023, 09:48:16 PM »
Yes, it is loading a crapload of garbage with it to be "cool".

Also, prepare for having a crash sooner or later due to the bloat. I remember browsing XTREME before I settled for my year range it it would freeze after 15-20 tracks and I had to refresh via F5, before that, it would slow down to a crawl...

It's a poorly designed website with lots of software aging whilst browsing (lots of RAM usage over time). More shine than substance..

Moleoman

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2023, 11:50:23 PM »
Another problem I've noticed is that various CD albums have their track order shuffled up. For instance, original track #10 comes as track #2, #11 is now #3, etc. What is more,  additional cuts of each piece now share the same track number as main cut, albeit with different index points. Another disadvantage (shared with Sony Music Publishing Japan's site: h++ps://productionmusic,smpj,jp/) is that unlike KPM site some albums (such as KPM 1005 and most of Sound-Pol albums) have only first two themes available.

libmusicfan

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2023, 11:17:05 AM »
Is it only for me that the Extreme Music website runs a lot slower than kpmmusic.com?
You're not alone. I've had trouble with creating playlists and adding favorites.