Author Topic: Problem in search albums from koka media  (Read 490 times)

Diamond2

Problem in search albums from koka media
« on: October 23, 2023, 05:04:34 AM »
Hello.  I'm on the topic of stopping the publication of albums from CDs from the Koka Media label.  I can tell you the true story of the search.  I watched one program on TV.  This was 9 years ago.  Having heard something interesting, I became interested in who the author of these tracks was and what kind of work it was.  When the broadcast ended, the credits indicated who the author was and what the work was, as well as the copyright holder (Universal Music Publishing).  A year later, I found the Universal Music Production Publishing website.  Next, I entered the name of the works and the author of the tracks in the search.  And it tells me that this album was not found.  I began to look for the reason and my version came to mind that those albums are not relevant for this company, since they are outdated.  On the other hand, their publishing license for those albums presumably expired in 2010.

ChunYinZi

Re: Problem in search albums from koka media
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 11:21:31 AM »
In fact, today, Universal Music Productions still has a relationship with Koka Media.

It's just that due to copyright or composer issues, a good portion of those albums couldn't be displayed on Universal Productions, so they disappeared.

You can only hear them by buying them on CD.

Of course, most of the albums are still available.

Diamond2

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 04:04:23 PM »
My instinct says that this reflects the fact that the contracts were stolen.  Or invalid.  And ultimately the Copyright Holder decided to stop production of the album

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2023, 04:58:57 PM »
Well, surely not "stolen", but contracts stop to be valid.
I remember that the SELECTED SOUND album "Songbook 2" had a lot of crossed-out titles on KPM - which are now available.
And, I can't remember which label it was, but there was an album that only one track left - the others were all not licensable at that point.

Diamond2

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2023, 06:44:09 AM »
It's a pity.  It is legally difficult to renew the contract.  Due to the fact that the composer is no longer alive, or resigned from the recording company.  Or the composer has gone missing.