Author Topic: Rare Version of a JW Theme Music 10 Inch LP Found on Ebay  (Read 550 times)

WSBG Returns Yet Again!

Rare Version of a JW Theme Music 10 Inch LP Found on Ebay
« on: June 26, 2023, 09:25:27 AM »
I found another bit of library history on eBay that I'd like to share some info with you, this time, it's a JW Theme Music 10 inch LP with a different colored label. The LP I found is (possibly) an early version of JW 377. The reason why I say that is that the LP label is almost exactly the same as later JW Theme Music 78s since the JW 200s, with the black and yellow color scheme they've used since the beginning of this label. The later version of this LP has a green and yellow color scheme, which would be the default color scheme for every JW 10 inch LP from and after JW 377. This is a similar thing to early Conroy LPs, when the first few LPs had the orange colored label like Conroy 78s, but was changed to green labels later on. This similar color scheme to 78s for both labels may have caused some confusion in the past, with people thinking that this record is a 78, without them noticing the fact it says 33 1/3 RPM on it, making people accidentally play them with the wrong stylus at the wrong speed. That could be a likely reason why JW and Conroy may have changed 10 inch LP color schemes for their labels, to differentiate which is a 10 inch LP and which is a 78.
Here are some pictures:

And here's the eBay listing for those wondering:
ebay.co.uk/itm/185946342844
Peace, Love, and Library Music!