Author Topic: Hello friends! I'm back from the Library Music Warehouse in Beijing, China  (Read 3275 times)

ChunYinZi

Hello friends! I'm back from the Library Music Warehouse in Beijing, China

Due to the shortage of time, I'm going to share here some of the videos and pictures I took at the time. I won't share the CDs I grabbed for a few days, but when I'm done with them, I'll open a new topic for those of you who asked me for help in finding albums!

Because there are more than 200 CDs extracted and I need time to organize them

In short, the owner of the warehouse would like me to say hello to my friends on the forum and let them know if they want to buy some CDs?

Any one CD is $7. I hope you can consider buying more.

There are really a lot of CDs. There are about 15,000 CDs on display in the video, and the baseboard covers all the libraries except for some Royalty Free Music.

There are also 50,000 CDs in another warehouse, and in order to save space, the boxes were removed, leaving only the CDs and cover art and other important items.

Video: htXXs://www.youtube.com/@user-ku5in5nk1c/featured

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
Hello there Mister, and I must say I envy you already! I checked some of the videos and this is even more than I thought it'd be!
Like, the masses upon masses of media!!

I think I'd be on a 24/7 caffeine rush amongst all those disks! I collect PM since over 10 years, but less sophisticated. Since LMT, it is basically a reason to look forward to come home and I also opt for listening to music instead of playing a videogame or watch a movie in the evening. But naturally, I reach my limits. And then - bam - this warehouse. Absolutely amazing!

Unfortunately, I have no use for physical media, but once more, I am still open for some reasonable PayPal donations (considered 1 disk is not even a tenner) for people who actually do grab them and share them so the financial issue is can be offset a bit from my side at least.

ChunYinZi

Hello there Mister, and I must say I envy you already! I checked some of the videos and this is even more than I thought it'd be!
Like, the masses upon masses of media!!

I think I'd be on a 24/7 caffeine rush amongst all those disks! I collect PM since over 10 years, but less sophisticated. Since LMT, it is basically a reason to look forward to come home and I also opt for listening to music instead of playing a videogame or watch a movie in the evening. But naturally, I reach my limits. And then - bam - this warehouse. Absolutely amazing!

Unfortunately, I have no use for physical media, but once more, I am still open for some reasonable PayPal donations (considered 1 disk is not even a tenner) for people who actually do grab them and share them so the financial issue is can be offset a bit from my side at least.

Hi friend, I remember when you commented on the need for some SOUNDTRAX albums.

I've seen it in the warehouse and grabbed the tracks. I'll share the WAV and scanned images with you in the next few days after finishing it.

I also scanned a lot of MCT

nidostar

Wow, this is very impressive and exciting. Thank you for sharing the photos with us ChunYinZi. The video tends to pan rather quickly so it's not easy to identify individual titles even in slo-mo. But I think we've got the message. There are loads and loads of library discs. The Audio Network folder is particularly impressive. If we wanted to but any CDs from your friend how would we go about that? Does he have a website or a pdf list of everything that's available?

ChunYinZi

Wow, this is very impressive and exciting. Thank you for sharing the photos with us ChunYinZi. The video tends to pan rather quickly so it's not easy to identify individual titles even in slo-mo. But I think we've got the message. There are loads and loads of library discs. The Audio Network folder is particularly impressive. If we wanted to but any CDs from your friend how would we go about that? Does he have a website or a pdf list of everything that's available?

The owner of the warehouse said that he would make an excel of the warehouse CDs in the near future.

But due to the hassle of international shipping, he wants to buy 100-200 CDs at a time to start with, so if you only need a few, it's too much trouble.

The price is really cheap. 100 CDs plus shipping is only $800.

First come, first served. I've already bought over 200 CDs back.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
I i friend, I remember when you commented on the need for some SOUNDTRAX albums.

I've seen it in the warehouse and grabbed the tracks. I'll share the WAV and scanned images with you in the next few days after finishing it.

I am speaking loudly for myself but surely also for many here - including the unregistered lurkers - but you are doing such a TREMENDOUSLY OUTSTANDING job here for the CD/digital folks.

We have so many owners of extensively large LP collections but you boosted the digital part of LMT with your help and I often think about you and your countless hours you spent for me (and others) when I browse through my library or listen to tracks that were horrible quality until you registered here. You add much diversity and kind of continue where the LPs stop - the 90s and 00s.

When I saw you grabbing those KOKA disks with one hand and probably only paid little money for it it must be amazing as collector yourself.

ChunYinZi

I i friend, I remember when you commented on the need for some SOUNDTRAX albums.

I am speaking loudly for myself but surely also for many here - including the unregistered lurkers - but you are doing such a TREMENDOUSLY OUTSTANDING job here for the CD/digital folks.

We have so many owners of extensively large LP collections but you boosted the digital part of LMT with your help and I often think about you and your countless hours you spent for me (and others) when I browse through my library or listen to tracks that were horrible quality until you registered here. You add much diversity and kind of continue where the LPs stop - the 90s and 00s.

When I saw you grabbing those KOKA disks with one hand and probably only paid little money for it it must be amazing as collector yourself.

Thank you.

In fact, I used to be uninterested in CDs because digital music is so much easier and faster to listen to.

But since I came back from the warehouse in Beijing, I've fallen in love with CDs too.

The smell and feel of the CDs are really special, and the back of the CDs and the booklet inside often contain a lot of detailed secrets that the digital versions don't have.

In fact, there is also KPM MUSIC KPMh vinyl series PARRY MUSIC series SONOTON MUSIC etc.. All of them are very full I simply can not shoot all

And Happy Recordsd, MON and a series of rare CDs 

I strongly recommend that friends of the forum have a collection of CDs because the owner of the CDs will be moving and it will be difficult to use this warehouse.

In fact, I think the price is quite cheap. Many of the CDs sold on Amazon EABYd and other platforms are around $15 a piece, and many of the CDs in the warehouse are new and unopened.

Of course, I'll make a promise to those of you who need me that before I left, you told me what CDs you needed.

When I go to the warehouse, I also help you find the CDs you need, and I will share the copies I find at that time.

Please note that due to some CD location changes, I did not find them.

The video I took was just a corner. The warehouse is huge.

BenKirb

• Discord Username: benkirb
    • YouTube

Due to the shortage of time, I'm going to share here some of the videos and pictures I took at the time. I won't share the CDs I grabbed for a few days, but when I'm done with them, I'll open a new topic for those of you who asked me for help in finding albums!

In short, the owner of the warehouse would like me to say hello to my friends on the forum and let them know if they want to buy some CDs?

There are really a lot of CDs. There are about 15,000 CDs on display in the video, and the baseboard covers all the libraries except for some Royalty Free Music.

There are also 50,000 CDs in another warehouse, and in order to save space, the boxes were removed, leaving only the CDs and cover art and other important items.

Does this place have any Chameleon Music/Music 2 Hues Production Library CDs? This is what the Chameleon Music Production Library CDs came in:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 01:55:57 AM by BenKirb »
Make sure to join the Library Music Central Discord server!

discord.gg/DEENUVmpeZ

ChunYinZi

Does this place have any Chameleon Music/Music 2 Hues Production Library CDs? This is what the Chameleon Music Production Library CDs came in:

Sorry, I didn't find these CDs in the warehouse in Beijing.

I think there is only library music in the warehouse, missing royalty free music.

BenKirb

• Discord Username: benkirb
    • YouTube

Sorry, I didn't find these CDs in the warehouse in Beijing.

I think there is only library music in the warehouse, missing royalty free music.

Oh. :(
Also, Chameleon Music/Music 2 Hues Production Library is library music.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 06:49:46 AM by BenKirb »
Make sure to join the Library Music Central Discord server!

discord.gg/DEENUVmpeZ

kpmhill

Just- wow.

musictheorist

Amazing. With the exception of The Classical Line, they have the Capitol/OGM Professional and Premium CDs which are extremely rare.

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
Wow... even though the video is blurred in many places (understandably as there is so much to go through). I did spot a few which I would be interested in, though I would gladly pay you to obtain and rip if that is a possibility. Mostly I seen the Immediate Music Volume discs, I believe these were the original discs from the 90s. I also seen some Hollywood Film but could not see which ones as it was very fast and blurred. If you do have more pictures that would be amazing. Thank you very much for this possibility and thanks to the warehouse owner for storing all of these.

soundtech39

Awesome, I would have loved to be at that warehouse. 

ChunYinZi

Wow... even though the video is blurred in many places (understandably as there is so much to go through). I did spot a few which I would be interested in, though I would gladly pay you to obtain and rip if that is a possibility. Mostly I seen the Immediate Music Volume discs, I believe these were the original discs from the 90s. I also seen some Hollywood Film but could not see which ones as it was very fast and blurred. If you do have more pictures that would be amazing. Thank you very much for this possibility and thanks to the warehouse owner for storing all of these.

Hi Craig

Sadly, I've been out of this warehouse for 3 days now.

I've been sorting through the albums I've extracted over the past few days, and I'll be pulling out the albums that my forum friends need.

Regarding the albums you're interested in, the fact is that the owner of the warehouse doesn't want to scan the CDs, he just wants to sell them and wants to buy a library at a time, a library of about 100 - 300 CDs.   

Because the owner of the warehouse is a wealthy man who just wants to empty the warehouse, an album is 50% cheaper than usual

On my recommendation, I would like to ask in the forum if anyone is interested in these CDs

Because many of them I think are out of print and are complete sets.

I'll have the owner of the warehouse come up with an excel as soon as possible and let us know exactly what the complete catalog is.