Author Topic: Restrict Bill - TikTok Ban Bill  (Read 1074 times)

musictheorist

Restrict Bill - TikTok Ban Bill
« on: March 30, 2023, 03:21:18 PM »
Is anyone worried about this bill passing?

It will end Internet privacy as we know it.

Even accessing on any restricted website can get you arrested.

Mr

• Administrator
Re: Restrict Bill - TikTok Ban Bill
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 05:53:03 PM »
I'm not familiar with it - is this in the US only?

musictheorist

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 08:20:06 PM »
I'm not familiar with it - is this in the US only?
It’s in the US.

KPMFan1000

• lg78
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 09:09:47 PM »
I've heard of it. I'm actually really scared....
LibraryGuy78

likedeeler

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2023, 11:18:25 AM »
If we can complement this in Europe with a ban of Facefuck, Twatter, Goggle and consorts it will be a good thing.

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2023, 01:37:45 PM »
If we can complement this in Europe with a ban of Facefuck, Twatter, Goggle and consorts it will be a good thing.

LOL!!!

Agreed.
G.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2023, 03:18:03 PM »
That'd be neat. I have never been on "social media" when it was fresh because I knew it's just absolute rubbish. Now with all the problems stemming from those crap sites (depression, mobbing, stalking, getting tagged on images, endorphine rushes only through "likes", being an "Influencer" and mindless "Follower" that can't create own style or taste is as ridiculously disgusting as it sounds, being bombared with opinions that are none of anyone elses business in the likings of: "UR SHIRT SUXX LOL" et cetera et cetera) I see that peer pressure nonsense as a bane of the Web 2.0. I am glad I never joined that stuff but apparently many could not resist. Now they watch 9:16 shaky footage with cuts every 0.5 seconds and wonder why they can't sleep (fixed with cans of Red Bull of course) and have "burnout" at the age of...25, degenerate or have an attention span of a rat. Which would be insulting for the rat.

testcard

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2023, 12:06:03 AM »
If the US government is determined to ban the current TikTok, TikTok's boss will try to sell it. After all, it is a major asset, and it is better to convert it into capital than to abolish it.

TikTok will be acquired by a big American enterprise in the future, completely divorced from its headquarters in China, and then run by this American enterprise. The issue of privacy leakage will be strictly prohibited and regulated by the US government.

TikTok will not disappear in the future!

When Trump was in office, he tried to set up an Oracle acquisition.

If the acquisition is made through bidding (most likely through bidding), TIK can sell at a good price. After all, there are hundreds of millions of active users, and the commercial value is high.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 12:19:58 AM by testcard »
English is not my mother tongue, so there are often mistakes in writing. Please forgive me. I will try to improve.

kpmhill

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2023, 08:23:53 AM »
The issue of privacy leakage will be strictly prohibited and regulated by the US government

I think the real issue is China being able to decide what goes viral on the most important network for kids in the US.

soundtech39

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2023, 06:49:21 PM »
Personally, I'd like to see most of the social media gone.  Really though.  Is anything really private anymore?