Author Topic: [Musique Cinéma Télévision] / [MCT] (Siterip)  (Read 1445 times)

TheRetroElevator

• TheRetroElevator
[Musique Cinéma Télévision] / [MCT] (Siterip)
« on: March 29, 2023, 12:11:54 PM »
Not long ago, right before many labels owned by Universal Music Publishing were removed from Nichion, I luckily managed to grab contents of the Musique Cinéma Télévision section of the site, and this is about 77 titles except for MCT 502, MCT 542, MCT 580 & MCT 581. It's fair to say a number of compositions have signs of lossy compression, nevertheless I find the overall quality of tracks surprisingly decent.

For my part, I adjusted volume of tracks according to ITU-R BS.1770-3 standard with target loudness -18 LUFS and applied light noise & clicks correction via Waves & iZotope, so the files have not undergone any major processing other than this. I hope any of the following will seem interesting & useful to you, even just for illustrative purposes.

mega.nz/folder/e6QjEKQK#ueHBSviUqv0foic7pRXMlw

Just a little teaser from an album I liked.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 03:34:30 AM by TheRetroElevator »

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
Re: [Musique Cinéma Télévision] / [MCT] (Siterip)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 01:59:41 PM »
Thank you for sharing these. I also managed to download the library from Nichion but these are good for people. I have uploaded MCT542 samples, I forget where I got them from. - mega.nz/folder/MV4gyTjS#pE39mL9BiNsB2tjkenyxGQ

Another member has MCT502, I wont share their rip as it isn't mine to share but they can if they wish.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 02:46:50 PM »
MTC is an interesting one, but I gotta be the killjoy here:

The original files on NICHION are/were LAME VBR5. These are VBR files up to 150 kBit/s (and the typical 16 kHz cutoff), which sound decent enough, but you should not touch those files anymore because them being already weak on the audio data. While I am one of the few here absolutely fine and even a bit euphoric about lossy compression, the files you share are not only an upscale to 320 kBit/s, but also a transcode to AAC. Maybe that is the reason why the compression is so heavily notable: Letting the AAC encoder comb through it again you scrape off more of the already low audio information that the VBR5 MP3'ification left. And it's not that much..

As usual, I appreciate anything put up here and as you said, for illustrations these are fine, but I want to make this clear. I have a bunch of MTC from NICHION (the MP3s) and it's a great library, but also comparibly rare compared to, let's say, KPM.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 02:49:19 PM by Psyclon »

hilbert

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 06:13:29 PM »
I had no idea the MCT stuff got removed from Nichion. Back when I'd browse the MCT albums, I noticed that one of them couldn't be played. It was "Guitars." Anyone have that?

And thanks for saving and sharing. MCT is hard to come by, even harder in decent audio quality.

Cold Inhuman Element

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 04:57:10 PM »
Oh WOW! Georgeous share for me, MCT is one of the labels I really dig.
Audio quality is still fair I think.
C.I.E. aka Alpha60

zoomo

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2023, 07:29:59 PM »
Thanks for these.

danthemusiclover

• DMG
    • Eternas Ondas Musicales
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2023, 06:21:16 AM »
Thank you  ;D
LMT my safe place.