Author Topic: Reminiscing - Funky Frolic  (Read 806 times)

nidostar

Reminiscing - Funky Frolic
« on: March 27, 2023, 12:07:35 AM »
For some reason I found myself tonight reading through a blog I used to frequent between 2010-2012. In its day it was packed full of download links for a wealth of library music and lesser-known soundtracks. Sadly it closed down in 2012. But it wasn't just a list of links as the blogger, Mr Craig, also gave some very informative background to every entry such that it reads like a book. Even our own Retronic features in one or two entries. Of course the links are long dead but in any case they took you to lossy files which no longer meet our current day standards. But at the time, of course, they were perfectly acceptable and I still have many of the files today. So if you've not heard of it and fancy broadening your knowledge of "our kind of music" I strongly recommend a visit to funkyfrolic.blogspot.com.

Greta

• Administrator
Re: Reminiscing - Funky Frolic
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 08:58:16 AM »
Ha!
Funky Frolic was one of the very first blogs I met when I discovered library world back in 2010, along with Dusty Shelf, Val Verde, Sleazy Listening and others.
And a one I've been visiting and consulting regularly.
Pity it closed down, as all the others I mentioned, sadly.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 09:01:13 AM by Greta »
G.

nidostar

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 09:21:39 AM »
According to the blog info Mr Craig is from Adelaide in Oz. I don't know if he is a member of LMT but if he is reading this good on yer mate that was a bonza blog and thank you.

likedeeler

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 10:17:56 AM »
Thanks for the reminder! Funky Frolic was a nice blog, indeed.