Author Topic: Discogs Help  (Read 918 times)

KPMFan1000

• lg78
Discogs Help
« on: March 25, 2023, 01:29:49 AM »
Hello everyone, i am trying to submit a library album on discogs, it is my very first time submitting one. However there a 2 things i need help with
First of all, if there are many people involved in the album, i would put various, so when i tried to put "Various" in the artist search, the artist placeholder never came up
Second of all, it says to have the layout the exact same way the album has, and i tried to word the composer credit like how the album stylised it, so whenever i searched it in the artist search, it came up, & when i pressed it, it reverted to the composers full name, & yet it isn't made very clear for me how to fix this.
I am confused, anyone know how to fix this?
LibraryGuy78

Mr

• Administrator
Re: Discogs Help
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 04:04:46 AM »
I don't understand your question but you should probably ask on Discogs rather:
https://www.discogs.com/forum/

Nobody

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 09:18:39 AM »
Hello everyone, i am trying to submit a library album on discogs, it is my very first time submitting one. However there a 2 things i need help with
First of all, if there are many people involved in the album, i would put various, so when i tried to put "Various" in the artist search, the artist placeholder never came up
Second of all, it says to have the layout the exact same way the album has, and i tried to word the composer credit like how the album stylised it, so whenever i searched it in the artist search, it came up, & when i pressed it, it reverted to the composers full name, & yet it isn't made very clear for me how to fix this.
I am confused, anyone know how to fix this?

just type in various for multiple artist, you don't have to use the search, then when you enter an artist name, check out the artist name variations, type in first the prior artist name, then when the name is different on the album, enter the artist name variation, called anv, appears  with a  "*" , if there other artists with the same name, you have to check them out, until you find which is the correct one... 1,2,3...(it's a mess with common names)

KPMFan1000

• lg78
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2023, 02:54:11 PM »
Thanks! =)
LibraryGuy78

Cold Inhuman Element

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 11:55:11 PM »
Hello,
I'd need to ask about label catalogues completion on Discogs
Does it gets problem if I create Discogs references based on someone else's scans?
C.I.E. aka Alpha60