Author Topic: Golden Book Video unknowns  (Read 10925 times)

kablamatic

Re: Golden Book Video unknowns
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2023, 01:48:48 AM »
I also forgot to mention that "Spotlit Sequins No. 1" by Keith Papworth from the same album also plays in Get Ready to Read, in addition to "Circus Tumble". So all that remains are two more tracks from this video (one of the few memorable GBV titles from my childhood). Though one of them also plays in "My Pet Monster At the Fair", here is a more cleaner, high quality sample of this unknown track:

dropbox.com/scl/fi/ong6tjlu4h2egpeuisray/read_monsterfair.wav?rlkey=36135msuwzvnq27st6bcrcd7c&dl=0

Not sure if it could be also from De Wolfe or Ultra Music Services.

EDIT 10/13: musictheorist identified the remaining unknown track for "Being Brave is Best" from 3 Tales From the Care Bears as "Picture Book" by John Cameron from Bruton BRD 3 "Little Creatures" and BRE 2 "Children".
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 12:13:51 AM by kablamatic »

kablamatic

« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2023, 02:47:53 AM »
I've just identified "he_man_demons3" as "Starfighter" by Brian Wade and David Cook from Bruton BRH 19 "Hit Pack".

kablamatic

« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2023, 02:06:16 AM »
musictheorist and I has identified these tracks from "The Best Prize of All" from 3 Tales From the Care Bears respectively:

- "Spring Clean" by James Clarke from Bruton BRD 22 "Pretty Pictures"
- "Swanky" by Duncan Lamont from Bruton BRD 24 "Cover Girl"
- "Sun and Surf" by Alec Gould from Bruton BRG 28 "Spring To Life"
- "Friends" by Stephen Gray from Bruton BRG 30 "Television Today"
- "Nightcap" by Sam Fonteyn from Bruton BRB 22 "Jingles Volume 22"
- "Round and About" by Sam Fonteyn, also from Bruton BRB 22 "Jingles Volume 22"
- "Picture Box" by Sam Fonteyn, also from Bruton BRB 22 "Jingles Volume 22"

kablamatic

« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2023, 12:55:15 AM »
Found yet another track that plays in "The Best Prize of All" from 3 Tales From the Care Bears: "Prim and Proper" by Max Harris from Bruton BRF 4 "Soap Opera".

Now adding all the remaining unknown tracks from "The Puppy That Nobody Wanted" from Pound Puppies Stories. The audio sounds a little different because it was recorded from a video camera shot by Youtube user "groovy entertainment 2 groovy books".

EDIT: Also identified "he_man_maze4" as "The Threshold (b)" by Graham De Wilde from KPM 1299 "Classical Fusion" and added the last two unknown tracks from "The Sword of She-Ra" from Three She-Ra: Princess of Power Stories to my Dropbox folder.

EDIT 2: I've added all the rest of the unknown tracks that play in the last two stories of Three She-Ra: Princess of Power Stories.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 05:03:30 AM by kablamatic »

kablamatic

« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2023, 02:42:03 AM »
musictheorist and I have identified these tracks from "Chapter Two: Glimmer of Hope" from Three She-Ra: Princess of Power Stories respectively: "High Profile", "Inner Visions (a)", and "Energy Fields (a)" by Keith Mansfield from KPM 1321 "The Video Connection".

EDIT: musictheorist has also identified "puppy_nobodywant6"  as "Before Your Very Eyes" by David Lindup from Bruton BRJ 21 "The Entertainers Volume 2".
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 01:56:41 AM by kablamatic »

kablamatic

« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2023, 03:28:57 AM »
Hey gang! It turns out that Golden Book Video also used the Shepherds Bush Library Music label, in which the track "Bright Concepts - Comedy Version" by Alain Debray from SHEP 004 "Variations on a Theme" can be heard in "The Trouble With Timothy" from 3 Tales From the Care Bears.

dropbox.com/scl/fi/f6ow3qed2s1k4kqv1r5nf/B3-Bright-Prospects-Comedy-Version.mp3?rlkey=fluvskxzrn78n7w5326nemh8c&dl=0

musictheorist

« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2023, 12:41:01 AM »
I identified a track from the "Little Red Riding Hood" segment in the "3 Fairy Tale Classics" video.

"Sinister" by Bruce Campbell from Conroy BMLP 082.

kablamatic

« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2023, 03:35:07 AM »
I identified a track from the "Little Red Riding Hood" segment in the "3 Fairy Tale Classics" video.

"Sinister" by Bruce Campbell from Conroy BMLP 082.

Nice work!

I've also identified the backing percussion track in "she_ra_sword1" as "Spinner In The Works" by Barry Morgan and Raymond Cooper from Themes International TIM 1029 "Percussion Spectrum", but does anyone know the main track that lies beneath it?

EDIT: Found another track: "Spring Blossom" by Chris Gunning from the Bruton albums, BRD 9 "Scenery" and BRJ 5 "Wildlife / Suite of the Hunter", which plays in "The Puppy That Nobody Wanted" from Pound Puppies Stories.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 03:53:57 AM by kablamatic »

apmnut

« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2023, 05:21:07 AM »
It's a bit difficult to hear in the audio sample, but "oldmacdonald2" is Johnny Pearson's "Mini Mischief", off of KPM 1045.

kablamatic

« Reply #99 on: December 26, 2023, 04:35:23 AM »
New discovery! Golden Book Video appears to have also used JW Media Music when it was licensed through Emil Ascher, Inc., at the time, in which one track, "Ballet On The Wire" by Alexander Von Szlatinay from JW 298 "Circus Suite" (judging by APM Music's listing in their JW Vault Collection library) serves as the final remaining unknown track in Get Ready For School.

kablamatic

« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2023, 02:45:48 AM »
Hey everyone. So I've decided to upload all the rest of the unknown tracks for every other GBV story/title in whole, because I'm done.

I'm getting too old to be going through these videos, because it's getting in the way of my daily life and personal projects, so I've decided to put up what's left to identify in my Dropbox folder (link in the first post of this thread).

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2023, 07:30:00 AM »
These projects can be all consuming!  You'll drift back to it when the time is right.  Good job done.

musictheorist

« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2023, 02:31:48 PM »
These projects can be all consuming!  You'll drift back to it when the time is right.  Good job done.

dropbox.com/scl/fo/9jjnf316uputdyy92h75o/h?dl=0&rlkey=ochzk1b3cm6jpyh34k5xv1g72

Here is the link again.

So far, Golden Book Video used these libraries.
KPM
Bruton
Conroy
Themes
Shepherd’s Bush
De Wolfe Music
Omnimusic
Southern Library of Recorded Music
Capitol’s Media Music and The Professional
JW Music Library
Standard Music Library
Studio G
Ultra Music Services

Maybe there are more libraries like…
Impress
Sonoton
Parry Music Library
Boosey and Hawkes
Emil Ascher Library (EA 2000, Video Moods)

kablamatic

« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2023, 12:51:13 AM »
I should've waited to upload all the rest of the unknown cues before doing this, but I did identify many a few tracks from De Wolfe DWS/LP 3426 "Animated Antics" that aren't available on De Wolfe Music's website (courtesy of crt0512 from Soulseek), which play in the in-between segments of Merry Mother Goose Rhymes & Stories and are all composed by Johnny Hawksworth:

- Oops!
- Fairy Cake
- Comedy Cutouts A
- Comic Characters
- Hold That Man
- Cats and Dogs
- Blankets C

kablamatic

« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2023, 09:53:45 PM »
musictheorist found some more tracks from Know the Alphabet and Get Ready For Math last night:

- "Savoyards in Arcadia" by Peter Cork from Bruton BRO 2 "Cavalcade of Musical Theater"
- "Funky Driver" by Danny Edwardson and Seamus Sell from KPM 1196 "Rock On"
- "Soul Skateboard" by John Cameron from Bruton BRG 6 "Sunny Sides"
- "Boogie Moogie", also by John Cameron and from Bruton BRG 6 "Sunny Sides"

Plus, I also identified another Know the Alphabet track as "Ridin' In My Car" by Rod Argent and Robert Howes from KPM 1332 "Second Sight".

EDIT: Found some more from Get Ready For Math: "Sunny Side Up" and "Sweet and Simple" by Alan Hawkshaw from Bruton BRG 6 "Sunny Sides".

EDIT: Found even more tracks, this time from Pound Puppies Adventures: "The Worse For Wear", "The Off-beat Soldier", and "Cocky Cockney" by Ronald Hanmer. The tracks were originally released on Audio - BMP 109 "Characters In Crime / Ten Comedy Sketches" in 1965, but reissued 18 years later on the JW Music Library album, JW 502 "The Comedy Store".
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 01:34:54 AM by kablamatic »