Author Topic: Golden Book Video unknowns  (Read 10686 times)

kablamatic

Re: Golden Book Video unknowns
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2023, 06:01:47 PM »
nosuchdragon5 - Comic Tension (a) by Dick Walter [KPM 1329] (1st part, 2nd part unknown)

Still unsure of that as it could be an entire track from a different library (possibly by the same composer).

Anyways, I've found a couple new tracks from Bruton BRG 14 "Simple Songs": "Open to Offers" by Brian Bennett (monster_fair5, school2) and "Cute" by Brian and Warren Bennett. (school3)

EDIT: With the help of the AHA Music Identifier, I was able to identify another Brian Bennett track, this time from KPM 1128 "Counterpoint in Rhythm": "Prelude and Groove Part 1" (thumbelina6). And it seems that I have left out one last one unknown track from "Get Ready For School", which I have now added to my Dropbox folder.

EDIT 2: I also found out that "Polka Continental - Short Version" (aka Polka Dotta [#63] on Carlin CPM 3 - Panorama Idents Kitsch Jazz Travel) by William Loose and Emil Cadkin plays in the Richard Scarry's Animal Nursery Tales segment, "The Gingerbread Man", albeit 5 semitones higher. Now adding the remaining unknown tracks of "Three Homes For Two Puppies" from Pound Puppies Tales Featuring The Newborns.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 02:11:56 AM by kablamatic »

musictheorist

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2023, 06:10:01 PM »
Identified more tracks from the "Favorite Fairy Tales" video.

KPM 1036, KPM 1039, BRP 3, BRC 1, BRD 4, BRD 16, BRD 21, and BRD 25.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 10:49:19 PM by musictheorist »

kablamatic

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2023, 03:25:32 AM »
Identified more tracks from the "Favorite Fairy Tales" video.

KPM 1036, KPM 1039, BRP 3, BRC 1, BRD 4, BRD 16, BRD 21, and BRD 25.

You can see the tracks he found on the "Golden Book Video" page on productionmusic.fandom.com (Production Music Wiki), where I've been contributing myself these past few days.

Now adding all the remaining cues from that title sans "The Elves and the Shoemaker".

kablamatic

« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2023, 07:52:46 PM »
Update! Found two tracks from Bruton BRG 16 "Novelties" that play in "Get Ready For School":

- "Freckle Face" by David Gold
- "Winstons Walk" by Gus Galbraith and Sam Sklair

Plus, I've also identified the last unknown track to "Rupert the Rhinoceros" as "Footsteps (c)" by Dick Walter from KPM 1336 "Whimsy" raised 2 semitones with "Looks Like Trouble b." by Syd Dale from KPM 1018 "Tension and Suspense" following after. And I've also identified another track from "My Pet Monster Goes At the Fair": "Fairground" by Peter Morris from Bruton BRG 27 "Popcorn".

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2023, 07:04:31 AM »
Great work.

musictheorist

« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2023, 06:17:34 PM »
Update! Found two tracks from Bruton BRG 16 "Novelties" that play in "Get Ready For School":

- "Freckle Face" by David Gold
- "Winstons Walk" by Gus Galbraith and Sam Sklair

Plus, I've also identified the last unknown track to "Rupert the Rhinoceros" as "Footsteps (c)" by Dick Walter from KPM 1336 "Whimsy" raised 2 semitones with "Looks Like Trouble b." by Syd Dale from KPM 1018 "Tension and Suspense" following after. And I've also identified another track from "My Pet Monster Goes At the Fair": "Fairground" by Peter Morris from Bruton BRG 27 "Popcorn".

The missing track from The Wolf and the Kids is actually from KPM 1329. I narrowed it down as "Nice Neighbours (c)" Comic figures to unresolved end.
The other track from There's No Such Thing as a Dragon is "Comic Tension (b)" from the vinyl itself.

musictheorist

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2023, 12:09:33 AM »
goldengoose3 - Sunny Woodlands by Johnny Pearson [BRD 21] (-1 pitch).
duckling7 - Homecoming (a) by Keith Mansfield [KPM 1312] (Harp glissando overlay still unknown).
thumbelina1 - Child's Theme (a) by Barry Morgan and Ray Cooper [TIM 1029]
thumbelina2 - Child's Theme (e) by Barry Morgan and Ray Cooper [TIM 1029]
read1 - Music Hall Suite by Ronnie Hazlehurst [BMLP 130]
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 01:55:36 AM by musictheorist »

kablamatic

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2023, 05:09:56 AM »
duckling7 - Homecoming (a) by Keith Mansfield [KPM 1312] (Harp glissando overlay still unknown).

Nice job! But the composer for "Homecoming (a)" is Paddy Kingsland. And I think the harp glissando is probably from the Sound Ideas 1000 Series sound effects library, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Also added two new ones for "The Saggy, Baggy Elephant" from Golden Jungle Tales: "Power Source" and "Gathering Storm" by Barry Cooper and Raymond Cooper from Themes International TIM 1029 "Percussion Spectrum".
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 05:16:13 AM by kablamatic »

musictheorist

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2023, 05:54:36 AM »

Nice job! But the composer for "Homecoming (a)" is Paddy Kingsland. And I think the harp glissando is probably from the Sound Ideas 1000 Series sound effects library, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Also added two new ones for "The Saggy, Baggy Elephant" from Golden Jungle Tales: "Power Source" and "Gathering Storm" by Barry Cooper and Raymond Cooper from Themes International TIM 1029 "Percussion Spectrum".

That was a mistake on my behalf. It was Paddy Kingsland.

kablamatic

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2023, 01:49:27 AM »
"read3" is apparently a sound effect from Major Records called "Marching Band Music" from "Sound Effects - Volume 1", so now we can rule out that it's stock music.

wiley207

« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2023, 03:58:05 AM »
"read3" is apparently a sound effect from Major Records called "Marching Band Music" from "Sound Effects - Volume 1", so now we can rule out that it's stock music.

Not too surprising, as Golden Book Video often used the Major Records sound effects library from Valentino. Another Major Records sound effect they used as a music track is "Trumpet Fanfares No. 1" from Volume 17. They've also often used Sound Ideas's Series 1000 Sound Effects Library, and I've heard a calliope track from that library used in "My Pet Monster at the Fair" (it's the calliope track that also got used in some early "Arthur" episodes and at least one "DuckTales" episode; on the library it's called "MUSIC - THEME: 'CIRCUS' OR 'CAROUSEL', AMUSEMENT PARK, FAIR 01". They've also used some sound effects from Elektra Records's "Authentic Sound Effects" library and the Hanna-Barbera library, but those don't really have any music in them.

kablamatic

« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2023, 04:21:22 AM »
Actually, Elektra does have a few musical sound effects: three organ tracks; one for funerals and two for weddings, a parade with a marching band (which can be heard briefly in "Rupert the Rhinoceros" from Golden Jungle Tales), a couple brass fanfares, a few bugle tracks, and some tubular bell and gong sound effects.

Elektra also had a lesser known line of production music called "Dramatic Cue Music & Mood Music" and only three volumes were released around the same time they released their sound effects records.

EDIT: Found a new track from "Get Ready to Read": "Great Show on Earth" by Paul R. Ruhland from KPM 1219 "Marchtime USA / Hollywood Heyday".
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 07:05:50 PM by kablamatic »

kablamatic

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2023, 10:54:54 PM »
Found a new track that plays in "The Ugly Duckling": "Fresh Bridge" by Steve Gray from KPM 1146 "Links, Bridges and Stings".

musictheorist

« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2023, 01:58:51 AM »
Golden Book Video also uses Southern Library of Recorded Music.

nosuchdragon4 - Capering Clowns by Max Saunders [MQ 878/SLLP 15]

Not MQ/LP since Southern Library also has a US division.

kablamatic

« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2023, 03:41:54 AM »
musictheorist identified these tracks playing in "Three Homes For Two Puppies" from Pound Puppies Tales Featuring the Newborns:

- "Mum" by John Fiddy from Bruton BRE 3 "Kids and Cartoons"
- "Whirl Pool Rising" by David Snell (2nd half of 3homes_2pup2) from Bruton BRC 1 "Harp"
- "Family Day (b)" by Fiachra Trench from KPM 1355 "Classical Concepts"
- "Happy Country" by Johnny Pearson from Bruton BRG 5 "Happiness"

Also edited the 2nd unknown track from that story to emphasize the only portion that is currently unknown.