Author Topic: Golden Book Video unknowns  (Read 10275 times)

musictheorist

Re: Golden Book Video unknowns
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2023, 11:29:04 AM »
Anytime!

Actually just managed to find the second "Gingerbread Man" cue just now - surprisingly, it's not on any of the usual libraries Golden Book Video utilized, and was originally released by Capitol Records on their "Production Music Series" LP series before finding its way on an obscure series of web-only albums by the Carlin label. The original title is unknown to me (although I've got some photos lying around on my laptop of some Loose/Cadkin reel-to-reels with track names - can't access them ATM since it's currently on the fritz), but Carlin renamed it "Alpine Fun". Bill Loose and Emil Cadkin composed it.

Eight cue from the same video is "Edelweiss Jaunt" from the same album (CPM 3), also composed by Loose/Cadkin.

Possibly it’s also under the Ultra Music Services label from Emil Ascher, Inc.

kablamatic

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2023, 03:23:10 AM »
Woah...this is a lot to take in...

Also, adding more remaining unknown track samples from "The Puppy Who Couldn't Remember".

musictheorist

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2023, 04:42:27 AM »
Anytime!

Actually just managed to find the second "Gingerbread Man" cue just now - surprisingly, it's not on any of the usual libraries Golden Book Video utilized, and was originally released by Capitol Records on their "Production Music Series" LP series before finding its way on an obscure series of web-only albums by the Carlin label. The original title is unknown to me (although I've got some photos lying around on my laptop of some Loose/Cadkin reel-to-reels with track names - can't access them ATM since it's currently on the fritz), but Carlin renamed it "Alpine Fun". Bill Loose and Emil Cadkin composed it.

Eight cue from the same video is "Edelweiss Jaunt" from the same album (CPM 3), also composed by Loose/Cadkin.

It originated from the Capitol Production Music Series - Volume III. The tracks are themed to Switzerland.

kablamatic

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2023, 05:07:09 AM »
Identified "peter2" as "Picture Gala" by Johnny Pearson from Bruton BRG 10 "Bright Orchestra/Bright Woodwind".

Adding the remaining unknown track in "The Emperor's New Clothes" from The Ugly Duckling and Other Treasured Tales.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2023, 07:36:13 AM »
liveandlearn2 is 'Strange Encounter' by Keith Mansfield (KPM 1222)

kablamatic

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2023, 01:51:41 AM »
Sorry for the late response, Retronic, but thank you once again!

For the time being, I've decided to take a break from IDing new tracks and adding more samples of unknown cues (list is getting too big!), following the addition of the four remaining unknown tracks in "David and Goliath" from Golden Bible Heroes, though I'll still look out for this thread if there are any new posts.

EDIT: Okay, maybe I'll make an exception. "noah3" is Land of Peace by Johnny Pearson from KPM 1020 "Twentieth Century Portrait".

EDIT 2: Now adding cues from 3 Hugga Bunch Stories and "The Story of Jonah", also from Golden Bible Heroes. That is all!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 11:53:19 PM by kablamatic »

kablamatic

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2023, 04:25:05 AM »
Back again!

"gatecrashers4" is "Froggy Trombone (2)" by Hans Erlinger from Conroy BMLP 173 "All About Brass".

I've also noticed that "puppy_remember6" is the same exact cue as "gatecrashers3", so I've deleted the former track to ensure there are no duplicate recordings of the exact same track (even if they are from different story segments).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 05:48:28 AM by kablamatic »

kablamatic

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2023, 03:48:30 AM »
Back again, again!

"sailordog3" is "Fruits Of The Earth" by Richard Harvey from KPM 1210 "Pictures of the Mind". And the remaining unknown track that plays in the wraparound segments of "Live and Learn: Never Talk to Strangers" is "Waters Flow" by Dick Walter from KPM 1290 "Seeds in the Wind".

Now adding one sample, courtesy of Niveithika1999/Fireburn456 of Fandom, from Richard Scarry's "The Three Little Pigs".

EDIT 5/12: "house1" is "Spring Setting" by David Snell from KPM 1199 "The Classical Harp".
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 01:04:06 AM by kablamatic »

wiley207

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2023, 05:28:50 AM »
I've actually got a MEGA link on me with all five of the albums someone here direct-messaged me sometime back! Here y'are:

mega.nz/folder/xlUCVKBZ#6bMV7nFMA28St2hyAl4URw

Hey, that's great! I was even able to identify some classic "Gumby" tracks here, too!

Yep, I'm back on here now!

kablamatic

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2023, 04:06:43 AM »
It's been a while, but I've found some more tracks from "The Story of Jonah":

"Notes For Lovers", "Space Pastoral" and "Cold Planet" by Eugene Cines from KPM 1068 "The Heritage of Man / Textures for String Quintet, Keyboard, and Percussion".

Note: I've edited "jonah2" down to the third portion of the soundtrack that's unknown, because I didn't realize there were multiple tracks when I originally recorded it on Audacity.

Also identified "richardscarry_gingerbreadman6" as "Russian Folk Dance" by Georges Behar from KPM 1184 "Gemini Suite / Russian Suite".

EDIT 6/1: It seems that "sailordog2" is actually a small section of "Reach for the Stars" by Richard Harvey from KPM 1319/KPM 1 CD "Fantasia".
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 02:37:09 AM by kablamatic »

kablamatic

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2023, 07:45:33 AM »
Wow...it's been over a month, but I've found more unknown tracks:

"Anxiety" by Derrick Mason (jonah1) from KPM 1024 "Serial Structures"
"Praying Mantis" by Sam Sklair (hugs_grandma5) from KPM 1223 "Small Is Beautiful"

EDIT 7/1: Also found more from "David and Goliath": "Solvent" and "Golden Harvest" by Neil Richardson from KPM 1140 "Soft Horizons". And apparently "pokey3" was "Meadowland" by David Lindup from KPM 1142 "Woodwind".

Now adding the last two tracks to "Big Bird Brings Spring to Sesame Street".
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 12:33:39 AM by kablamatic »

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2023, 06:52:40 PM »

Do you think that intro is from a Golden Book story or perhaps Sesame Street?
It sounds like Jerry Nelson
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 07:05:22 PM by Retronic »

kablamatic

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2023, 11:52:56 PM »
Do you think that intro is from a Golden Book story or perhaps Sesame Street?
It sounds like Jerry Nelson

Sounds like it does come from Sesame Street to me. Don't know the episode though. I even tried looking on Whosample, but couldn't find it.

In other news, I've found another track from Richard Scarry's "The Gingerbread Man": "Squeaky Braces (e)" by Alfred Edwards from KPM 1007 "Light Imitations 2".

Now adding the remaining unknown track in "Mrs. Mooley" from Merry Mother Goose Rhymes & Stories and the last two from "Working With Words".

kablamatic

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2023, 07:48:50 PM »
Identified some more unknowns:

"peter1" is the title track to KPM 1187 "The Nature of Woodwind" by Alec Gould, raised a semitone higher.
"jonah3" is "The Church in Taunton Vale" by William Merrick Farran from KPM 1005 "Sacred Music".
"emperor" is "Mock Baroque" by Joe Griffiths from KPM 1212 "A Child for All Ages".

EDIT: Also identified "jonah2" as "Solar Winds" by Tony Hymas from KPM 1235 "The Age of Discovery" and "david_goliath2" as "Still Waters" by Tony Kinsey from KPM 1331 "Pictures".

EDIT 2: "hugs_grandma4" turns out to be a section of "Mini Mysterioso" by Johnny Pearson from KPM 1045 "Children and Animation". And the remaining "Mrs. Mooley" track is... "Keyboard Wizzard" by Duncan Lamont from Bruton BRF 5 "Loony Tunes".

EDIT 3: "huggins_kisses2" is "Meadow Lark" by Dick Walter from KPM 1318 "The Editor's Companion 2".
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 03:00:20 AM by kablamatic »

kablamatic

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2023, 08:18:21 PM »
Just identified "puppy_remember2" as "Casting Couch" by James Clarke from Bruton BRF 6 "Comedy Classics".

Now adding all the remaining unknown tracks in "Golden Jungle Tales" and "3 My Pet Monster Tales".
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 04:30:27 PM by kablamatic »