Author Topic: Golden Book Video unknowns  (Read 10149 times)

musictheorist

Re: Golden Book Video unknowns
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2023, 04:02:00 PM »
The missing Theodore Mouse music is likely all original synth effects. Same with those brief stings in Scuffy the Tugboat. And the Just for You guitar, all original.

musictheorist

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2023, 09:43:57 PM »
Found more missing music. The solo instrument tracks are from BMLP 105 and BMLP 106. Still the missing bassoon track from Little Toad to the Rescue is unknown.

Goldilocks and the Three Bears

- Relaxed Mood by Otto Sieben [BMLP 106] (Clarinet, B4)
- Adagio by Otto Sieben [BMLP 106] (Alto Flute, A7)
- Mysterious Mood by Otto Sieben [BMLP 106] (Clarinet, B3)

The Story of Jonah

- Mood by Otto Sieben [BMLP 106] (Track A14, Herdsman's Flute)

Hugs for Grandma (Hugga Bunch Story No. 3)

- Agitated Mood by Otto Sieben [BMLP 106] (Bass Clarinet, B6) (Also in Little Toad to the Rescue)
- Alla Breve by Otto Sieben [BMLP 106] (Piccolo, A9)
- Pastorale by Otto Sieben [BMLP 105]
- Theme by Otto Sieben [BMLP 106] (Oboe, B9)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 10:15:38 PM by musictheorist »

kablamatic

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2023, 07:14:49 PM »
Added new samples from the stories "The Poky Little Puppy and the Patchwork Blanket", "The Sailor Dog", "Everyone Makes Mistakes", and one from "The City Worm and the Country Worm".

EDIT: Also added more samples from "Wanted: The Great Cookie Thief" and the remaining piano cues left in "Goldilocks and the Three Bears".

EDIT 2: Added more tracks from "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" and "Polly's Pet"

EDIT 3: Added the remaining unknown tracks in "The Gingerbread Man"
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 01:19:42 AM by kablamatic »

kablamatic

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2023, 06:48:54 PM »
Just identified "mistakes3" as "Guitar Pickin' Man" by Glenn Sutton and Lloyd Lamar Green from KPM 1117 "The Western Hemisphere Volume 1".

Also added a wav file of the last unknown track in "The Little Red Hen" from "3 Amye Rosenberg Stories".
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 09:57:02 PM by kablamatic »

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2023, 07:53:37 AM »
There's a couple of 'Silent Music' LP's on KPM which might be worth checking out- stealthy villains and whatnot.

Peter2 is Long Shadows by James Clarke (Bruton)
Peter5 is from KPM 1223 - probably 'Industrious Insects'
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 07:59:13 AM by Retronic »

kablamatic

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2023, 01:39:47 AM »
Thanks, Retronic!

I have explored those Silent Movie LP's on APM's website and Bruton BRO 6 "Mad Movies" on Usample.com, and to the best of my ability, I was only able to find the ones that were in "Wanted: The Great Cookie Thief".

The other piano tracks in "Cookie Thief" and "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" could be an outside label (non-APM). Even the Piano Flourishes and Fun Links on the KPM and Bruton albums respectively could not yield any matches to what I was looking for.

kablamatic

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2023, 05:31:50 PM »
Boy am I on a roll this week!

Here's some of the ones I've found so far:

From "3 Amye Rosenberg Stories":

"Country Weekend" by David Snell [Bruton BRG 24] (plays in "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" and "The Little Red Hen")
"By The River" by John Fiddy [Bruton BRE 3] (plays in "The Tale of Peter Rabbit")
"Running Along" by Neil Richardson [Bruton BRR 9] (plays in "The Little Red Hen")

From "Three Sesame Street Stories":

"Disneyland" by Brian Bennett [Themes Int'l TIM 1014] (plays in "Everyone Makes Mistakes")
"Tenderness (a)" by Alan Parker [Themes Int'l TIM 1028] (plays in "The City Worm and the Country Worm")

EDIT: I re-recorded a more cleaner sample of the remaining unknown track from "Everyone Makes Mistakes" from Three Sesame Street Stories", because it turns out that it also serves as the end credits music for "3 My Pet Monster Tales", which is where I recorded the audio on Audacity. Also added more samples to unknown cues to the wraparound segments in "Live and Learn: Never Talk to Strangers" and the last two unknowns from "Richard Scarry's Old MacDonald's Farm".
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 06:47:05 PM by kablamatic »

apmnut

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2023, 09:55:52 PM »
The 4th "Pokey Little Puppy" cue is "Bungling Detective" by Johnny Hawksworth, from the KPM album "Happy Families".

"pollypet3" is "Fun Ahead" by Eric Swan, also a KPM cue and on the album "Lightweight Backgrounds".

The second "Gingerbread Man" track is one I know, but I forget the name offhand.

lbjames

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2023, 05:39:00 PM »
pollypet1
hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K7cwGlORdM
One Brass Velvet
Hannelore Wright
KPM 1000 Series: Lightweight Backgrounds (KPM 1012)

kablamatic

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2023, 06:02:25 PM »
Thanks, apmnut and lbjames! I also happened to identify "Bungling Detective" and "One Brass Velvet" respectively before I saw this post!  ;D

I've also identified the second "Polly's Pet" track as "To Tail A Thief" by Nino Nardini from that same KPM album. All that remains is one track for that story.

Now adding unknown cues for "The Gate Crashers" from "Pound Puppies Adventures".

apmnut

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2023, 06:46:55 PM »
Anytime!

Actually just managed to find the second "Gingerbread Man" cue just now - surprisingly, it's not on any of the usual libraries Golden Book Video utilized, and was originally released by Capitol Records on their "Production Music Series" LP series before finding its way on an obscure series of web-only albums by the Carlin label. The original title is unknown to me (although I've got some photos lying around on my laptop of some Loose/Cadkin reel-to-reels with track names - can't access them ATM since it's currently on the fritz), but Carlin renamed it "Alpine Fun". Bill Loose and Emil Cadkin composed it.

Eight cue from the same video is "Edelweiss Jaunt" from the same album (CPM 3), also composed by Loose/Cadkin.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 07:05:38 PM by apmnut »

lbjames

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2023, 07:09:57 PM »
Anytime!

Actually just managed to find the second "Gingerbread Man" cue just now - surprisingly, it's not on any of the usual libraries Golden Book Video utilized, and was originally released by Capitol Records on their "Production Music Series" LP series before finding its way on an obscure series of web-only albums by the Carlin label. The original title is unknown to me (although I've got some photos lying around on my laptop of some Loose/Cadkin reel-to-reels with track names - can't access them ATM since it's currently on the fritz), but Carlin renamed it "Alpine Fun". Bill Loose and Emil Cadkin composed it.

Eight cue from the same video is "Edelweiss Jaunt" from the same album (CPM 3), also composed by Loose/Cadkin.

Do you know where to hear those 5 albums (CPM 1,2,3,4,5)?

CPM online albums
This exclusive series of online albums features tracks originally released by EMI Photoplay, Capitol Production Music, and Sam Fox's OK Music Library. After a rights dispute was lost between William Loose's estate, the library has been digitally removed from KPM Music's Play and Universal Production Music websites.

CPM 1 - Newsreel Sports Showbiz Fashion
CPM 2 - Big Band Light Activity News
CPM 3 - Panorama Idents Kitsch Jazz Travel
CPM 4 - Kitsch Beat Sitcom Comedy National
CPM 5 - Detective Jazz Tijuana Light Activity

apmnut

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2023, 07:11:53 PM »
I've actually got a MEGA link on me with all five of the albums someone here direct-messaged me sometime back! Here y'are:

mega.nz/folder/xlUCVKBZ#6bMV7nFMA28St2hyAl4URw

lbjames

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2023, 08:20:27 PM »
Thank you apmnut!!!!!  :) :) :) :) :)

apmnut

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2023, 11:40:50 PM »
Thank you apmnut!!!!!  :) :) :) :) :)

No problem!