Author Topic: Ulož.to huge dump of library albums  (Read 2361 times)

Bronic

Ulož.to huge dump of library albums
« on: March 26, 2023, 07:46:12 PM »
This is a Czech file hosting service with a rare search function.

Hundreds of albums are available on the following search in zip/rar format. Here is a basic search:

h---s://gozofinder.com/cse/ulozto/en?query=Library+Music

The link will redirect you to the ulož page where the file is hosted. Both domains belong to the same company.

All albums are predominantly in mp3, the best format.  8]

Good for anyone starting a collection.

Have fun!

stackjackson

• Administrator
Re: Ulož.to huge dump of library albums
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 04:20:32 PM »
For those interested in these big dump sites, I think it would be easier (and more efficient) just to get on Soulseek.
| Stack |

nidostar

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 05:57:58 PM »
Thanks Bronic. I didn't know about the gozofinder. Brilliant. I was aware of Ulož as it is used by a site I frequently visit (Egroj World). Curiously it suffers from the opposite problem to Zippyshare. It's unavailable in France but accessible in the UK whereas Zippyshare is unavailable in the UK but accessible from France. So if the Zippyshare restriction was the result of legal issues as Psyclon has suggested then I'm confused. Incidentally if you are into all kinds of jazz I can recommend Egroj World if you don't mind mp3s. He also features library albums some of which I've not seen on LMT.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 06:07:38 PM »
I started to sweat profoundly in terror and my right thumb twitched - but this search future is super neat! I saw an AVF album on the first page already!
Not sure what the results might yield, but it looks good so far.

@Nidostar: Zippyshare had to comply to certain (local) laws and enforcing them is time-consuming obviously. Depending on the severity of these laws it just doesn't make sense to offer a service, so they shut down the service. The error message (HTTP 403) we get is a server-sided error, not of your ISP, like a simple configuration to exclude certain country IDs (they come with parts of our IP). So it can be absolutely criss-cross in what country service A is available while service B not.

The second time websites or services deny access can also be a some kind of "blacklist". These are not "official" ones, but to avoid future trouble with the justice system, you often want to follow these loose recommendations. For example, DDownload, a filehoster (just like Zippyshare and Mediafire) is locked out from PayPal and Debit Payment because being "known for pirated content" or something along the lines.

Bronic

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 06:27:54 PM »
For those interested in these big dump sites, I think it would be easier (and more efficient) just to get on Soulseek.

Soulseek is great but has its problems. Some a**holes make files private, block people who are just starting to collect, pull the plug while you are downloading...

Having a place to get stuff with no annoying etiquette or questions asked is always nice.

tonyc1971

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2023, 07:59:49 PM »
Never had any issues to be honest Bronic.  However, I usually send at least one message beforehand.  That said, if I’m on there, feel free to take anything you need. I’m not on there that often these days though. Same user name as LMT.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 09:22:08 PM »
Thanks Bronic, I just took some careful steps into it and found a new-to-me Bruton in 256 kBit/s (BRJ 31 - Human Desert).
Oh, I will have some nice time with it.

nidostar

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2023, 10:48:20 PM »
@Nidostar: Zippyshare had to comply to certain (local) laws and enforcing them is time-consuming obviously. Depending on the severity of these laws it just doesn't make sense to offer a service, so they shut down the service. The error message (HTTP 403) we get is a server-sided error, not of your ISP, like a simple configuration to exclude certain country IDs (they come with parts of our IP). So it can be absolutely criss-cross in what country service A is available while service B not.

The second time websites or services deny access can also be a some kind of "blacklist". These are not "official" ones, but to avoid future trouble with the justice system, you often want to follow these loose recommendations. For example, DDownload, a filehoster (just like Zippyshare and Mediafire) is locked out from PayPal and Debit Payment because being "known for pirated content" or something along the lines.
Thanks @Psyclon. My fault I was trying to apply some logic!! But I'm grateful for your expert analysis.

malibuconvertible

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2023, 08:56:40 AM »
Soulseek still exists?! That's a blast from the past! I had no idea, will have to look in to that one, I remember it from it must be getting on for almost 20 years ago!  :-*