Author Topic: What's up, everybody...  (Read 1112 times)

Ryan0451

What's up, everybody...
« on: March 09, 2023, 06:00:40 AM »
Hi everyone,

Wanted to introduce myself quickly.  My name is Ryan.  I got into production music about 20 years ago from watching WWE.  I got hooked on some of the pieces of music they would use to enhance their video packages.  I started searching those out, first through wrestling message boards and then through production music libraries, which I didn't even know were a thing at the time.  At that point I would scour those libraries for fun to see what amazing pieces I could discover.  I only learned of this site yesterday, and am so happy that something like this actually exists.  Great to see so many people with common interests.  Hopefully through this site I can identify a few pieces that have eluded me through the years (decades actually).

Take care everybody!

Greta

• Administrator
Re: What's up, everybody...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 08:47:56 AM »
Welcome Ryan.
G.

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 01:24:10 PM »
Welcome aboard, Ryan! Glad you found us.
| Stack |

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 02:23:22 PM »
Welcome Ryan. I myself also search production libraries but for WCW themes. I have found my fair share of WWFE themes over the years. There is an invaluable source of music here, so use it to your advantage. I recently posted Non-Stop Music, they was used quite a lot by WWF and WCW.

Ryan0451

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 04:26:42 PM »
Welcome Ryan. I myself also search production libraries but for WCW themes. I have found my fair share of WWFE themes over the years. There is an invaluable source of music here, so use it to your advantage. I recently posted Non-Stop Music, they was used quite a lot by WWF and WCW.

Yes, absolutely.  Non-Stop was one of the first libraries I learned of and I felt like every other song I listed to was WWE-used.  At the time Harrrow's way was the piece I was trying to track down. I was pumped when I actually found it.  A user, jwasc92wrestling, has recently been uploading a lot of music to YouTube, and it's surprising how many are production music when I assumed Jimmy Hart and company were actually behind them.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2023, 09:49:19 PM »
Is your avatar that hotel guy from HOME ALONE II?

I-I mean: Welcome to this great place!
• I collect on a track basis (not whole albums)
• I collect in MP3 (LAME V0)
• Range: 1972-2005
• Focus: Industry, Technology, "Future", Pop
• My treasure chest: 1,223 tracks from 128 labels, worth 58h 17m of playtime.

Ryan0451

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2023, 01:29:00 AM »
Is your avatar that hotel guy from HOME ALONE II?

I-I mean: Welcome to this great place!

Ha, indeed it is.  I didn't know what to pick, but I've always liked Tim Curry, so that somehow came to mind.