Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 1073 times)

collageinstereo

• Collage in Stereo
Greetings!
« on: February 16, 2023, 10:34:26 PM »
Hello everyone-

Happy to have randomly found this site searching for a library record a few weeks back. I've been lurking since then and amazed at the depth of what gets posted, shared, and the knowledge from members. Thank you all! I hope one day to be able to share something not already here.

I produce sample based music as a hobby, which was my intro to library records maybe 15 yrs ago or so. I've collected several on vinyl over the years, but they are incredibly expensive around here (SF bay area) given their appeal to folks like me who seek them out for their sparse instrumentation, cool arrangements, and sample possibilities. For that same reason I've sold most of them back to record stores over the years (d'oh!). I'm especially interested / partial to library records from the mid-late 60's through the 70's, as these tend to match the sound that I love.

My profile / avatar pic is of my first album cover, an EP that I pressed on vinyl and released digitally. The name Collage in Stereo (also the name of my EP) is meant to describe my approach to sampling. The idea being to recontextualize bits of sound in a way a visual collage artist might do with images - and to do so in a way that sounds cool (at least to me!). Some may not like the notion of sampling. That's fine - there is space for everyone :)

Hope to see you around the forum!

BenKirb

• Discord Username: benkirb
    • YouTube
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 10:47:43 PM »
Welcome!
Make sure to join the Library Music Central Discord server!

discord.gg/DEENUVmpeZ

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 10:57:29 PM »
Welcome collageinstereo.
Is there a way to hear samples from your EP?
You got me curious now.
G.

collageinstereo

• Collage in Stereo
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 11:13:59 PM »
Welcome collageinstereo.
Is there a way to hear samples from your EP?
You got me curious now.

Thank you! Definitely - you can visit my site:
www.collageinstereo.com/music

There is a DIY remix album of Beastie Boys up top (as I most recently released that), if you scroll down a bit you can hear my EP Collage in Stereo, which is more of a proper release (professionally mixed & mastered, etc). It is also avail for streaming everywhere, links available on the side bar (right side) of my site. Hope you enjoy!

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 03:55:31 AM »
Very cool. Welcome to LMT, collageinstereo!
| Stack |

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2023, 08:50:26 AM »
Cool. Thanks for the link.
G.

collageinstereo

• Collage in Stereo
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2023, 07:09:09 PM »
Thanks everyone!