Author Topic: Ceefax tapes completion Project:- Just a few more extra requests  (Read 1754 times)

John_Fred

I've managed to whittle down some of the titles I've been looking for to complete Ceefax tapes, but here's a few which have managed to evade me.

If anyone can help, then I, (and a few others, no doubt), would be eternally grateful.

Sonoton - SCD 214 - Gentle Persuasions - Mladen Franko

htxxs://www.apmmusic.com/albums/SON_SCD_0214

Koka - KOK 2215 - View From The Sky

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/881/view-from-the-sky

Chappell - CHAP 279 - Symphonic Colours

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/2474/symphonic-colours-(1)

Chappell - CHAP 286 - The Seasons

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/2583/the-seasons

Atmosphere - ATMOS 029 - Easy-Going Guitars

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/25/easygoing-guitars

Thanks, as always, for all and any contributions received.   :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 03:51:32 AM by John_Fred »

Gannett

Re: Ceefax tapes completion Project:- A few more requests
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 01:38:16 PM »
Unfortunately I'm not able to help, JF, but I was wondering if you could tell us more about the test card and Ceefax projects? As a kid who loved listening to test card music, I'm intrigued.

ChunYinZi

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 01:49:32 PM »
I've managed to whittle down some of the titles I've been looking for to complete Ceefax tapes, but here's a few which have managed to evade me.

If anyone can help, then I, (and a few others, no doubt), would be eternally grateful.

Sonoton - SCD 214 - Gentle Persuasions - Mladen Franko

htxxs://www.apmmusic.com/albums/SON_SCD_0214

Koka - KOK 2215 - View From The Sky

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/881/view-from-the-sky

Chappell - CHAP 279 - Symphonic Colours

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/2474/symphonic-colours-(1)

Chappell - CHAP 286 - The Seasons

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/2583/the-seasons

Atmosphere - ATMOS 029 - Easy-Going Guitars

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/25/easygoing-guitars

Thanks, as always, for all and any contributions received.   :)

I'd like to help you out, John. Our New Year is winding down, but I am still in a very good mood.

Please note that I will keep the following links for 7 days, after 7 days I will delete them as I have run out of MEGA storage space and I need to clean them regularly

Thanks!

CHAP 279     htXXs://mega.nz/file/EaFgTC5I#n6mz6gq0h1d28gLp4cOtk5Vczn_s62tsonT9bRBYokw

CHAP 286     htXXs://mega.nz/file/heVzCRDJ#z5YeSTJ6GgJX27h-_01vEhv3rc_iE68b3e9y5EqZn5M

ATMOS 029    htXXs://mega.nz/file/oOVSmJAL#nO1I9IMxCXCYxQc-KNbII7bNTn005g2ROtXGAAw-bqA

KOK 2215      htXXs://mega.nz/file/obkkHa5Y#5etDzPfMMJFWZLFRM10PcWKceNdQHuzN-JVPMNZU-xk

SCD 214       htXXs://mega.nz/file/xX0EDCwJ#XsaOAtK9hEzxZhuD3pOfakC5pNDtJ-QGduKJuLJuQyk

John_Fred

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 04:21:29 PM »
Thanks as always, Yin Zi for uploaded that which is most precious to us Ceefax aficionados!

Gannett, this project is exactly what it is, i.e. getting hold of the tracks that make up the tapes played by the BBC during their, 'in-vision'/test card, broadcast segments, and putting them together to recreate them for our own listening enjoyment.  If you're interested in all thing test card music, I might suggest you look up the Test Card Circle.

For those interested, there are now an additional couple of Ceefax tapes available, here.  https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=5663.0
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 04:48:57 PM by John_Fred »

nidostar

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2023, 06:21:47 PM »
Unfortunately I'm not able to help, JF, but I was wondering if you could tell us more about the test card and Ceefax projects? As a kid who loved listening to test card music, I'm intrigued.
If you're interested in seeing the various cue sheets for the Test Card and Ceefax tapes you'll find them here: https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=5607.msg37999#msg37999. The mega link it's still live.

John_Fred

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2023, 03:49:41 AM »
I'm so close to completing a couple more Ceefax tapes, but need to find these titles in order to do it:

Atmosphere - ATMOS 182 - Essential Underscores 2

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/982/essential-underscores-2

Atmosphere - ATV006B - Total Sport 2

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/3636/total-sport

Bruton - BR 425 - Sport - Power And Energy

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/3616/sport-power-and-energy

Chappell - CHAP 302 - Sport - Then & Now

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/3619/sport-then-and-now

Connect - CNCT143 - Impossibly Cool

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/2577/impossibly-cool

This should be the lot, for now.  Thanks for all contributions and also to those who supplied the cue sheets with the required information on them to be able to do this.  It is, as always, much appreciated!   ;)

ChunYinZi

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2023, 10:21:51 AM »
I'm so close to completing a couple more Ceefax tapes, but need to find these titles in order to do it:

Atmosphere - ATMOS 182 - Essential Underscores 2

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/982/essential-underscores-2

Atmosphere - ATV006B - Total Sport 2

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/3636/total-sport

Bruton - BR 425 - Sport - Power And Energy

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/3616/sport-power-and-energy

Chappell - CHAP 302 - Sport - Then & Now

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/3619/sport-then-and-now

Connect - CNCT143 - Impossibly Cool

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/2577/impossibly-cool

This should be the lot, for now.  Thanks for all contributions and also to those who supplied the cue sheets with the required information on them to be able to do this.  It is, as always, much appreciated!   ;)

No problem, John, to be honest, although I shared the albums

But you edited and organized the albums and eventually made them into the BBC series, and I think you were the one who worked the hardest.

While I am not personally interested in the BBC series, I know there are many people on the forum who are interested in them, so you are doing a public service for which people should be grateful.

Thanks

Please note the following link, which I will still keep for 7 days

ATMOS 182     htXXs://mega.nz/file/oCVlWBiS#b8rTtThXXSfdHzOSZ3qpOdBjCkCJTa-GD4riLb5PWvM

ATV 006B        htXXs://pixeldrain.com/u/3GSbPZmt

BR 425            htXXs://mega.nz/file/9C8DRIBJ#MhvsiKv_E8ZYRlukrhb9j50jO-Vgd2yat1qborF4rg4

CHAP 302        htXXs://pixeldrain.com/u/sUPH4MSt

CNCT 143        htXXs://pixeldrain.com/u/8778B1r4

John_Fred

Re: Ceefax tapes completion Project:- Just a few more extra requests
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2023, 01:33:26 PM »
Thanks for those, Yin Zi.

But, it seems I missed one.  🤔

KOK 2244 - Sportscaster

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/3601/sportscaster

There's no rush, though.   ;)

ChunYinZi

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2023, 10:17:38 AM »
Thanks for those, Yin Zi.

But, it seems I missed one.  🤔

KOK 2244 - Sportscaster

htxxs://www.universalproductionmusic.com/en-hk/discover/albums/3601/sportscaster

There's no rush, though.   ;)

No problem, John.

I'm all for your ch

htxxs://mega.nz/file/hS0EXapK#v7QMiVFWb8seavouyGFF7aTqa35fqg-RQ-W0oG5ZWYM

nidostar

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2023, 10:59:48 AM »
Thanks for the latest batch of shares ChunYinZi.

John_Fred

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2023, 12:06:53 PM »
Thanks for doing the necessary, Yin Zi.  Much appreciated!   ;)

C201number2_1

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2024, 12:06:27 AM »
If you're interested in seeing the various cue sheets for the Test Card and Ceefax tapes you'll find them here: https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=5607.msg37999#msg37999. The mega link it's still live.

Hey - do you have that mega link to the cue sheets? I'm trying to make a document with all the cue sheets (plus some other info I've gotten), and this would be really helpful - the topic is down.

nidostar

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2024, 11:27:20 AM »

Hey - do you have that mega link to the cue sheets? I'm trying to make a document with all the cue sheets (plus some other info I've gotten), and this would be really helpful - the topic is down.
Re-uploaded to Mega here ==> ht**s://mega.nz/file/g05VgYwD#kmtNaHexbLA_Po9Hop2x5fGa02FeNlgHeN6g3V_NxqI
This was originally shared on LMT back in 2022. The TCC has a more up to date version available to members. Why not think about joining? It could save you a lot of time.

C201number2_1

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2024, 11:47:28 PM »
Re-uploaded to Mega here ==> ht**s://mega.nz/file/g05VgYwD#kmtNaHexbLA_Po9Hop2x5fGa02FeNlgHeN6g3V_NxqI
This was originally shared on LMT back in 2022. The TCC has a more up to date version available to members. Why not think about joining? It could save you a lot of time.

I would have to convince myself to purchase a DVD drive, the DVD-ROM archive of the older issues (mainly for whatever PasB-esque material they may have there), and then the membership. All in all, I should consider getting a thumb drive before then. A bit hard being a foreigner, and even worse than that, a foreigner who never saw CEEFAX with his own eyes - a keen ear drove me there, I stayed to learn how to make stuff with it.

In addition, someone uploaded this under yet another name somewhere else, which I had downloaded - unfortunately, neither of these have the half-hour tape selections, most of the special/holiday tapes, or an actual sheet for Girofle Girofla.

And besides, being a freelance researcher has been an interesting journey for me. For one, I got in contact with the most prolific **COMPLETE** trade test tape poster of the last 5 years, Paul Sawtell, and managed to arrange getting the PasR's for the 1959-63 sequence of BBCtv tapes (the 1955-59 seqeunce is free of charge on the TCC website), which leaves only the 1963-72 sequences on BBC1 and BBC2 (save the unknowns of early BBC2) to completing the half-hour tapes. I may speak with him about those, but that feels a bit greedy imo.

I may post those PasB's that I do have up at some point if enough people request it, but I would be caution against searching for those tracks - it's all BBC LP's, which is a nightmare that probably requires speaking to Paul again, and getting those tracks (or, since he has it, the complete tape) from him.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 12:04:44 AM by C201number2_1 »

nidostar

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2024, 12:15:18 AM »
I'll re-read your post when I'm less tired as it seems to be packed with fascinating info!!. But do I take it you're after the 30 minute Trade Test cue sheets? If so I found these on my travels five years or so ago. Any use? ==> pixeldrain.com/u/6dXUahqA