Author Topic: Sound Ideas CDs (1990-1999) [FLAC]  (Read 9767 times)

comicsrovio

Re: Sound Ideas CDs (1990-1999) [FLAC]
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2023, 04:05:02 PM »

Maybe you can get them back through Audioblocks

Like I said, all Sound Ideas tracks were removed from Audioblocks (now Storyblocks Audio). Just preview links still alive.

fusoxide

• i'm maya!
    • Twitter
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2023, 11:03:09 PM »
I want to put emphasis that I do not want to divide the users here of any kind. We all have different interests and likes, and that is good. If you can't find the same sound, vibes et cetera on CD or digital releases, why should you bother? I do get that. Just like I leave out any release before 1975. I just want to speak out loud what is going on here very evidently - a hard cut between the record era and CD era. I like both sides of the fence as I collect music over 3 decades. Actually, we at LMT also completely leave out 2005 and later. So even there is some cut going on.
Personally I'm just here to find more deep cuts and don't have hard cutoff years for my interest/enjoyment. I admittedly have a lean towards late 90s/early 2000s library music, but I've also found gems from the 2010s as well, and do want to dig more into vintage library music when I get the chance. I understand why there's low interest for 2nd half of 2000s onwards, or even 90s onwards, although I'm sure there's lots of great tunes from the digital age. I suppose it's that pre-90s library music has more of a distinctive feel to it?

Either way, I would love to do more CD library music preservation. I like finding rare gems and sharing them around with others!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 11:06:01 PM by fusoxide »
musician and archivist; runs Tech Product Bangers on YouTube

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2023, 10:14:20 PM »
Personally I'm just here to find more deep cuts and don't have hard cutoff years for my interest/enjoyment. I admittedly have a lean towards late 90s/early 2000s library music, but I've also found gems from the 2010s as well, and do want to dig more into vintage library music when I get the chance. I understand why there's low interest for 2nd half of 2000s onwards, or even 90s onwards, although I'm sure there's lots of great tunes from the digital age. I suppose it's that pre-90s library music has more of a distinctive feel to it?

To me, the "good sounding" music stopped at the new Millenium. I don't mean only compositions and styles, but also the way they are mastered. Loudness Wars is just a big part of it, but also music shifted vastly away from what I enjoy. For example the "Exotic years" when 5 years long, many people tried to copy KYGO with sparse carribean soundscapes and high-reverb (and thus spacious) percussion. Or the wobble bass years (Dubsteb). For example, if you look at 2000s "rock" music, it will be like Nickleback clones or "Retro 80s" albums. Why not going actual retro? The same with all these new "Synthwave" producers mimicking what I have pently of directly from e.g. CAVENDISH MUSIC's "To Every Action..." from 1988.

If I look for "Technlogy" in the music libraries and I see a CD/LP cover with a close-up of a Z80 and I hear slap bass, synthpads and in general a well-made mix that you can actively listen to compared to a 2015's produced "Technology" album that is hot-mastered and its wave form preview looks like a sausage - two ends and a big block in the middle - full of gritty, almost-industrial sounds, I know I don't need to look further. Again, the worst thing is to argue about taste in general, might it be music, sports teams or favourite ice cream flavour. But man, if I could make a chart of the release years of "my music" it'd drop massively from 1995 onwards even though my latest track is from 2005 - because it sounds genuinely good and interesting.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 10:16:32 PM by Psyclon »

raphaelmsx

• Registered
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2023, 02:10:09 PM »
Hi Psyclon.

I also like very much synthwave, but feel that new releases (read: from about 25 years ago to today) are poorly recorded/mixed/mastered.

Do you mind sharing "Cavendish To Every Action..." here on this forum?

I don't post very much here, in fact after the last crash this is my first post, but I read your posts and we have some thinking in common, except that I collect by whole albums :)

Thanks in advance.

comicsrovio

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2023, 01:59:36 PM »
Sorry if I post it wrong place.

A few months ago I discovered that another site used to have Sound Ideas tracks (is Audioblocks), including tracks from these CDs, but it was removed. So I looked up Web Archive and find out this site archive some search tag and music pages from Audioblocks (most from 2014 - 2015, although these tracks is still available on that site until around 2019 or something). I tried to get the preview links from those, and it turns out that those preview links still alive.

Until now I have downloaded 280+ tracks from these, although it's just for audition (and the audio quality is 96kbps). Now I decided to share these tracks. Most of them is in full length and alternative length version.

NOTE: I have renamed these files.

hxxxs://mega.nz/folder/vkMUGDhD#hebbusDT6Vg2H4PYjkY1ww

New 32 tracks have been added.