Author Topic: Pierjenn CDs (1993-1995) [FLAC]  (Read 1108 times)

Retromatic

• Curator of musical oddities
    • CD Inventory
Pierjenn CDs (1993-1995) [FLAC]
« on: December 16, 2022, 12:30:46 AM »

PRJ CD 1019 Dunes http://u.pc.cd/ViyrtalK
PRJ CD 1027 Generation http://u.pc.cd/AwyotalK
UCD 19024 Emergence http://u.pc.cd/E96rtalK

View my entire inventory at https://www.musrc.com/

Donations are greatly appreciated

Enjoy !

PASSWORD:
  • <- Click my profile image
  • Copy the text for location
  • Delete any empty spaces in the password
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 05:27:38 PM by Retromatic »

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
Re: Pierjenn CDs [FLAC]
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 10:39:09 AM »
A great compilation of high-quality, well-made New Age tracks with a wide range of instruments. Unfortunately, it misses the mark for me except for two tracks. Frédéric (or Pierre respectively) Porte is/are known to be a high-grade musician (entering the first name in my library yielded MONDIOPHONE and HIBOU results) with a wide range of styles. It is a treat for the ears, but unfortunately, the high production quality does not equal to "must have" for me in this case.

I am very sure you make many other people happy. Granted, I picked up two tracks for my collection (Jeux De Scene and Rock Station - the first one is a cute nod into the "Rondo Veneziano" style and Rock Station has a fantastic, acoustic love relationship between the lead guitar and saxophone going on).

This time, I can't justify a monetary donation but I can offer you the missing release dates instead (and maybe to add these to Discogs, too):

DUNES has been released in July 1993, Source
GÉNÉRATION surfaced 1993, Source
EMERGENCE emerged 1995. Source

Funny notion: "Asphalt" is on both of Pierre's albums, and both is the last track.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 11:37:29 AM by Psyclon »

likedeeler

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 10:52:40 AM »
Hi Retromatic, the provider you have used lately seems to have dodgy privacy policies (they all do, but some are especially bad). These links are inaccessible if one does not allow trackers. I suggest to avoid pcloud.com.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 04:42:36 PM by likedeeler »

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 11:46:54 AM »
I am using both NoScript and Privacy Badger. The first one needs just two things to run (pcloud.link and pcloud.com) - which is kind of understandable (for the password and for the whole site to work - the others can be blocked and everything works fine), and PBadger reports the page wants some fonts of Google. All of that is nothing too suspicious. Of course, every tracker and every (Java)Script is potentially bad, but it's also a myth to stop being tracked in a large scale, almost as ridiculous as people don't want their photos taken in public as a bystander or something. Sorry, then burry yourself under a stone if you don't want to to exist practially  ::) You can still set up a sandbox if you are that horribly afraid (no harsh tones intended, even though over text I sound like that).

I'd rather enjoy the music and the courtesy of him changing his previous hoster (anonfiles) that is known to be virus and malware riddled to PCloud, albeit PCloud is often horribly slow (150 KByte/s is the norm here for me). Or that he proves his disks for free in WAV and FLAC; if the tracking is hindering you from listening to disks that he bought from his own, real money and found a means to provide them for free in prisinte quality - I think you might opt out of it entirely and buy those disks yourself --- by giving strangers your home address, the postal service then knows, the bank knows too, the platform (ebay, etsy, discogs) knows what you bought, and from who... You are being tracked everywhere, and most of the stuff is harmless, even in the hands of strangers realistically. The rabbit hole is too deep, and I say that who is not a professional, but highly interested in cyber security. Even companies that claim they are high on data protection does not make them immune from break-ins or leaks. It is like fighting windmills really.

The other favourite, Pixdeldrain for example, wants to connect to the Google Store and dubious things like signaler-pa.clients6.google.com. Many websites having their Reddit, Facebook, Twitch et cetera links there, all potential trackers, and both the browsers, the OS all claim to protect the data, or to mask it (basically randomizing the data before it being sent to the trackers) - all of it is pretty vague and relative in the long run. The alternative is to opt out of civilization after all - who knows your health insurance data goes to or that your mobile phone knows where you work and sleep, traffic cameras filming your licence plate, the ATM takes pictures of you while withdrawing money with timestamps, your company knows your life and education through the CV after an application et cetera...

The hosting service - of whatever kind - is a man in the middle between his files and you/me. Of course they want something from the cake. This is rather normal, it's a business.

Okay, I am done ranting :D Sorry mods and admins, but I just wanted to make things a bit more clear.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 12:11:10 PM by Psyclon »

Retromatic

• Curator of musical oddities
    • CD Inventory
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2022, 05:27:20 PM »

DUNES has been released in July 1993, Source
GÉNÉRATION surfaced 1993, Source
EMERGENCE emerged 1995. Source

Thanks for the info. I've updated the Flacs (I also forgot to plug the metadata previously)

Hi Retromatic, the provider you have used lately seems to have dodgy privacy policies (they all do, but some are especially bad). These links are inaccessible if one does not allow trackers. I suggest to avoid pcloud.com.

Unfortunately pCloud is my last resort (10TB of storage for life). Free hosting sites I've used were trash for time limits, viruses and the hosting of many illicit things. A tiny sacrifice will have to be made then to enjoy my future uploads, plus everyone can preview the tracks to decide if they want to download the albums. Microsoft, Google, Apple already know everything about us, so what can a few more trackers do? :D

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
Re: Pierjenn CDs (1993-1995) [FLAC]
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 10:11:49 PM »
Very sweet, thank you very much for sharing these