Author Topic: Spider-Man cues (1967-70)  (Read 40863 times)

Walk the Skies 202

Re: Spider-Man cues (1967-70)
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2023, 12:46:41 AM »
Making a new post here to state that someone on Discogs has added photos of BM 415, confirming it to be part of the Dramatic Tableaux suites.

Walk the Skies 202

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2023, 07:14:03 AM »
After another long period of nothing new being found, I've found the organ piece and chord in Phantom from the Depths of Time.

- "Part 4 - Coda" by Trevor Duncan (beetles are robots)
- "Part 5 - Fugue" by Trevor Duncan (both times the organ chord plays)

Both of these tracks came from Impress IA 193, and were remastered back in April on APM Music.

kyspentay1

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2023, 12:12:50 AM »
 :) This is great! Thanks for letting us know!

apmnut

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2023, 12:38:59 PM »
Note about "Forbidding" - per the Production Music Wiki, its original title is apparently simply "Dramatic #10", and released on PMS Vol. 1, No. 10. However, this doesn't mean it was originally released under a different name prior, possibly on an unknown "D"-series album from Hi-Q.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 10:01:30 PM by apmnut »

Walk the Skies 202

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2023, 03:18:14 AM »
Note about "Forbidding" - per the Production Music Wiki, its original title is apparently simply "Dramatic #10", and released on PMS Vol. 1, No. 10. However, this doesn't mean it was originally released under a different name prior, possibly on an unknown "D"-series album from Hi-Q.

I'm starting to suspect that most if not all of the Capitol tracks came from the reissues through Ultra Music Services. All the tracks used from the various Capitol subsidiaries are all by Loose, Cadkin, and/or Cookerly, the titles of the tracks from 4-PMS-2 on the UMS release matches the titles used on SABAM years ago, and all the available photos of UMS have stamping to indicate they were distributed by Emil Ascher Inc., which I've never seen on PMS or Hi-Q albums, and all the other libraries the music editors used were also all distributed by Emil Ascher at the time.

Speaking of the Production Music wiki, I've also found the sometime recently their page for the Conroy 78's was updated with info for BM 352. I don't know where they got it from, but it seems to indicate that there are a fourth and fifth Dark Fantastic on there, making it very likely one of them could be the last missing Don Banks track in Vine and Dr. Dumpty.

apmnut

« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2023, 09:41:50 PM »
Yeah, considering the editors on the Spidey show used cues from Ascher-distributed libraries (as we both know), there's no question about the Capitol cues used on the show being sourced from the UMS reissues. The only thing left to find out is what the UMS retitle for the piece is, so I'd be in favor of putting "Dramatic #10" as a temp name on the cue breakdowns in the interim until that can be revealed

easylistener

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2023, 12:22:43 AM »
Has anyone found the Spiderman Music cue source used at the beginning of episode The Big Brainwasher ?
The same music group was also featured in season 2 with the Cafe scene of episode Home.

Walk the Skies 202

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2024, 09:37:44 AM »
After much waiting, the remaining Conroy BM tracks have finally been found.

BM 352:
- "Dark Fantastic 5" by Don Banks ("Death of Vine"; Vine, The Devious Dr. Dumpty)

BM 415:
- "Compulsion" by Paul Gerard ("Zap reveals Skyboy"; Spider-Man Meets Skyboy)
- "Palpitation" by Paul Gerard ("interrogation"; Spider-Man Meets Skyboy)
- "The Accuser" by Paul Gerard ("Lightning Mountain"; Spider-Man Meets Skyboy)
- "Night Shot" by Paul Gerard ("Vargas' volcano"; Cloud City of Gold, Spider-Man Meets Skyboy, Cold Storage)
- "Mesmerism" by Paul Gerard ("Destruction of Gorth"; Revolt in the Fifth Dimension)

With that, the breakdowns for Vine and Dr. Dumpty are now complete, and there are now only 16 remaining unknown tracks.

Huge shoutouts go to jakej at Internet Archive for uploading these and other Conroy albums, and to musictheorist for posting about them.