Author Topic: Spider-Man cues (1967-70)  (Read 41227 times)

Walk the Skies 202

Re: Spider-Man cues (1967-70)
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2019, 06:25:45 AM »
Bit of a minor update regarding one of the unknowns: APM site release of BMLP 148 states its arrangement of Semper Fidelis to be taken from BM 402. Contrary to what we thought however, the composer is given as Robert Early, not Sharples, and the arrangement itself does not seem to match the one in Dr. Dumpty.

Still remaining hopeful that soon we get lucky shots at filling what holes are left in this collection.

Walk the Skies 202

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2019, 11:12:41 PM »
Through a YouTube comment on a 60's Spider-Man music collection, I was lead to this video, a reading of Robinson Crusoe.

hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOBjpifyOF0

This audio must be quite older, as it utilizes potential Spidey/MSH Video Moods at the timestamps of 0:59, 2:00, 5:39, 8:58, 9:39, 16:45, and 17:27.

From this, it seems safe to assume that the "awakening / crooks" track used in To Cage a Spider, among a few other third season episodes, looks to also be part of the Video Moods lineup.

kyspentay1

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2019, 03:55:23 AM »
Must have been my comment you saw. I stumbled upon the Robinson Crusoe track by using Midomi in an attempt to identify MSH cues.

quarry

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2019, 12:37:35 AM »
Must have been my comment you saw. I stumbled upon the Robinson Crusoe track by using Midomi in an attempt to identify MSH cues.

Unbelievable. Thank you for this key find. Excellent research leads to so many SM/MSH cues, and the quality is generally better than that heard on the Marvel cartoons.

If only they could be tracked down with absolute certainty.

Update:

More MSH cues from another video from the same channel: hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y9y_iKWdyc

@2:47 - I recall this used in the Captain America episode, "Zemo and the Masters of Evil".

It seems the company responsible for producing the audio stories made use of more than a few of the long desired MSH/S-M cues.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 01:42:52 PM by quarry »

Jimmy Rich

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2019, 05:58:26 AM »
There, I'm back from my vacation in the Bombastic Cliffs of Turkistan. :)

As I said, I have BMLP 003 and BMLP 019 (no spideys).

I am continuing to check out the early Conroy albums. Some of them might have Spideys, particularly "Death of Vine" and "Phantom Organ Theme". BMLP 008 with Farnon's "Comikarima" looks most promising.

- JR

(Corrected album # from 020 to 008.)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 02:29:54 AM by Jimmy Rich »

easylistener

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2019, 06:48:07 PM »
I've been looking for the music cues too for the  Death of Vine from the Vine episode and the Organ theme from Menace from the Depths of Time episode.
I thought it would be JW Theme music or  Conroy...haven't found anything yet.
There is a guy on Youtube who posts alot of Capitol Hi-Q tracks and Media Music from Capitol Production Music.  I've listened to what he has posted.    There is the Media Music #1-13 from that era but my main search for the music used in HOME and The Big Brainwasher does not show up on those posts.  I welcome any specific Capitol number suggestions.  Otherwise, with  Capitol's huge former library, it is searching for a needle in a haystack.

easylistener

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2019, 05:42:31 AM »
https://www.ebay.com/i/163739775884?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=163739775884&targetid=595069378003&device

As a follow up to the Robinson Crusoe:   the link above is hopefully an important clue to the Spiderman Cues, Marvel Superhero Cues and of course, the Storyteller Series including Robinson Crusoe.    The original record series is from 1963 and the Record Company was Mercury Records.
  I tried further research with the current parent Company which is Island.     The MP3 of Robinson Crusoe released in 2014 is from Disky Communications.

Mercury Records from the eBay sale is advertised as a 40 piece orchestra with the StoryTeller Robinson Crusoe.   
I know this is only the company and not yet the specific orchestra or music cues but it is a start for anyone who can do better than me on tracking down the specific library music that Mercury Records used.    Discogs is even selling this same LP for 99 cents.

kellylynchpin

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2019, 06:21:59 PM »
I just want to post my immense thanks in helping locate the William Loose, Emil Cadkin, Jack Cookerly works referenced here after looking for them for over 20 years!

I think I've also located a site where some of CPM's music is still available: h22p://librarymusic.eklablog.c0m/

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2019, 08:52:54 PM »
I have BMLP 008 if you wanna hear it.

Walk the Skies 202

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2020, 11:11:51 PM »

Still no updates on the unknown stuff, but happy 50 years to Season 3, which managed to be even wilder than its predecessor.

Walk the Skies 202

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2022, 10:38:49 AM »
Updates in the wake of the LMT data loss:

- Confirmed Rat Trap (Link) by Syd Dale to play in Spider-Man Battles the Molemen and Vine.
- Real track titles of the Hi-Q L-135/136 tracks discovered. (Progress Report, Night Shift, Excavation, End Title (TC-575), NOT Industrial #X)
- Identified Drums (African) in Neptune's Nose Cone, and Marching Band Crowd in Criminals in the Clouds, both from Major Records' sound effects catalogue.
- Identified Parade, Marching Band Passes from Elektra Records' authentic sound effects series in The Devious Dr. Dumpty.
- Identified Scene Shifts 2 and 3 in Home, and 9 in Trip to Tomorrow, all by Don Banks (BM 350) and released on the KPM website.

Walk the Skies 202

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2022, 11:26:32 PM »
Posting here to add another piece to the mystery surrounding the unknown tracks from Home.

I just became aware of a label called Ultra Music Services, and it seems they had some links to Capitol, as a Discogs entry for Ultra Music's "Production Music Series Volume 4 - Record 2" is a perfect mirror of Capitol Production Music Series Volume IV No. 2., save for some different titles.

Going through all the Ultra Music entries on Discogs, judging by some titles I believe the unknown Home tracks could potentially be on UMS Record 4 or Record 8, as well as the non-listed Record 7. As usual, the only problem is finding any available copies for sale.

TServo2049

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2022, 02:51:49 PM »
Ultra Music Services was a label of Emil Ascher, set up to handle the Bill Loose/Emil Cadkin/Jack Cookerly tracks that were moved from Capitol to Ascher in 1967. From what albums have surfaced, it would seem that many or most (or even all?) UMS albums were essentially reissues of the delisted Capitol albums with new labels. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they were just new pressings from the same master discs used to press the Capitol versions (if Loose and co. took those with them when they parted with Capitol).

I’ve told the story before, but I forget if it was lost in the crash.

Snowdog

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2023, 08:00:21 AM »
Coming to this super late but thanks everyone for keeping it alive.

I have a few bound-to-be-dumb questions, but I have to start somewhere.

Why does the cue list start at season 2? Is that because the season 1 music was composed by someone rather than being library music &, if so, is that music available?

Has anyone created a downloadable set of "albums" for the cues that are known? I plan on doing this but there's not much point if it's already been done.

Walk the Skies 202

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2023, 09:17:42 PM »
Coming to this super late but thanks everyone for keeping it alive.

I have a few bound-to-be-dumb questions, but I have to start somewhere.

Why does the cue list start at season 2? Is that because the season 1 music was composed by someone rather than being library music &, if so, is that music available?

Has anyone created a downloadable set of "albums" for the cues that are known? I plan on doing this but there's not much point if it's already been done.
All of the season 1 music was done in-house by Ray Ellis. Unfortunately, outside of fan-made reconstructions it isn't available to listen to on its own anywhere.

YouTube user 11db11 has a collection of library tracks, but I don't think it's fully up to date as there are a few tracks found within the last two or three years that haven't been added to it yet.