Author Topic: Coloursound Library (Lossless)  (Read 36311 times)

Dexter79

Re: Coloursound Library (Lossless)
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2023, 04:24:42 PM »
Hi, please reupload:

CSLP 42 - The PR TV Band - Love (1983) (Member: Flemming)

CS 45 - The PR TV Band - Colours (Contemporary Orchestral Funk) [24-48] (1984)(FLAC)

CS 53 - Various Artists - Soft Moods For Romantic Sequences [24-48] (1982)(FLAC)

CS 55 - The PR TV Group & Strings - Currency [24-48] (1984)(FLAC)

CS 67 - Seweryn Krajewski - Romantic Reflections Suite For Guitar And Strings [24-48] (1987)(FLAC)

Thanks !!!

scotch111

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2023, 11:56:54 PM »
I'm looking for CS 21 - Various Artists - Documentary Sequences, Volume 1 [24-48] (1982)(FLAC)

If someone could re-upload, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2023, 11:54:28 AM »
CS 21 - pixeldrain.com/u/i3FbiEsW
CS 42 - pixeldrain.com/u/KGpYM7x7
CS 45 - pixeldrain.com/u/ACWZfr8w
G.

scotch111

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2023, 01:40:08 PM »
CS 21 - pixeldrain.com/u/i3FbiEsW
CS 42 - pixeldrain.com/u/KGpYM7x7
CS 45 - pixeldrain.com/u/ACWZfr8w

Thank you kindly, Greta!

sj_beat

« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2023, 04:58:33 PM »
Thank you Greta )))

scotch111

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2023, 02:45:45 AM »
Sorry to be an audio nerd here, but it's my actual day job, so please bare with me...

CS21 has a serious problem. It hasn’t been Dolby decoded!!

The master tapes would have come from an era (70s and 80s) when Dolby A noise reduction was industry standard. Dolby A was a process that encoded a very bright and compressed signal to tape above the noise floor, and then decoded with the reciprocal curve on playback, thus reducing inherent tape hiss significantly.

However, if you were to play back Dolby tapes without decoding them, they would sound super harsh and bright, which brings me to this. It seems that whoever was tasked with digitizing the master tape for CS21 did so without decoding it! Not sure why, but it happens.

Since I think CS21 is a rad album, I’ve decided to fix it with my very own Dolby A301 unit. It's not 100% perfect mind you because ideally you would have a Dolby reference tone (from the tape) for calibration (which we don't have here) but it definitely sounds fuller, more dynamic, and easier on the ears now that it’s been decoded, IMO.

So if you like this record as much as I do, give this version a listen!

pixeldrain.com/u/VDrKc46M
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 03:23:00 AM by scotch111 »

oliverino

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2023, 11:44:11 AM »
thanks scotch!

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2023, 12:03:44 PM »
Scotch, your comment is not a problem at all. On the contrary, it's useful to understand such things.

I think the rip I shared was the digitalization available on APM site. Not sure 100% but I would bet on that.
Which brings to the next matter: is this a problem affecting CS21 only, or all of the CS on APM site?

Did you try to download also CS42 and CS45 I shared the same day? They come from the same site.

For now, thanks very much for the restoration job.
G.

nidostar

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2023, 01:43:45 PM »
Sorry to be an audio nerd here, but it's my actual day job, so please bare with me...

The master tapes would have come from an era (70s and 80s) when Dolby A noise reduction was industry standard. Dolby A was a process that encoded a very bright and compressed signal to tape above the noise floor, and then decoded with the reciprocal curve on playback, thus reducing inherent tape hiss significantly.

However, if you were to play back Dolby tapes without decoding them, they would sound super harsh and bright, which brings me to this. It seems that whoever was tasked with digitizing the master tape for CS21 did so without decoding it! Not sure why, but it happens.

Since I think CS21 is a rad album, I’ve decided to fix it with my very own Dolby A301 unit. It's not 100% perfect mind you because ideally you would have a Dolby reference tone (from the tape) for calibration (which we don't have here) but it definitely sounds fuller, more dynamic, and easier on the ears now that it’s been decoded, IMO.

https://pixeldrain.com/u/VDrKc46M
I love it when the audio experts get involved in topics. No, really, I mean it. Thanks, scotch111. It reminds me of when we used to play cassettes back in the day. Often the quality of the recording and/or the tape was so poor that we found the best way to increase the top end of recordings to come even close to what we got from our vinyl was to switch off the Dolby B button. Often it "sounded" better and less muffled. Though in retrospect the sound was harsh and often lost the lower frequencies. Not to mention the increase in tape hiss on the quiet bits! :)

scotch111

« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2023, 03:31:21 PM »
Scotch, your comment is not a problem at all. On the contrary, it's useful to understand such things.

I think the rip I shared was the digitalization available on APM site. Not sure 100% but I would bet on that.
Which brings to the next matter: is this a problem affecting CS21 only, or all of the CS on APM site?

Did you try to download also CS42 and CS45 I shared the same day? They come from the same site.

For now, thanks very much for the restoration job.

Yeah, I'll check the others as well within the next few days.

Stout

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2023, 01:04:35 AM »
Can anyone share:

CS 68 - Joel Vandroogenbroeck - Digital Project

Many Thanks

pezbi

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2024, 09:02:13 PM »
CS 65 - Branislave Zivkovic & Andre Tschaskowski - Emotionally
Would appreciate this also, thanks.

bardwell64

« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2024, 10:15:05 AM »

https://pixeldrain.com/u/VDrKc46M
I love it when the audio experts get involved in topics. No, really, I mean it. Thanks, scotch111. It reminds me of when we used to play cassettes back in the day. Often the quality of the recording and/or the tape was so poor that we found the best way to increase the top end of recordings to come even close to what we got from our vinyl was to switch off the Dolby B button. Often it "sounded" better and less muffled. Though in retrospect the sound was harsh and often lost the lower frequencies. Not to mention the increase in tape hiss on the quiet bits! :)

In cassette days, I hated Dolby B and only ever used it if the hiss was excessive. I got round the top frequency loss by turning the treble up and the bass down. Well, there were very few methods available in those days to improve sound!

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2024, 01:26:51 PM »
In cassette days, I hated Dolby B ...

Yep.
| Stack |

KPMPK1001

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2024, 03:26:18 PM »
Does anyone have CSLP 52?

Thanks!