Author Topic: [Radio Records] - RRS 134 - The Underground Set - The Underground Set (1970)  (Read 2648 times)

Greta

• Administrator
As we were talking about Radio Records...
definitely not an absolute news, many know this band and this record well, but I think it has never been shared here before, in lossless format.

quoting:
"Behind the Underground Set name hide, for contractual reasons, the musicians from Nuova Idea. But surely the mastermind behind them was composer Gian Piero Reverberi, who was also the producer of Le Orme.
The Underground Set were often thought to be an English group, their first album having been issued in many European countries. It's interesting to notice that the group has been mentioned as English in Vernon Joynson's Tapestry of Delight book.
But in an interview with Paolo Siani on the Italian Musikbox magazine, the drummer was one of the first to reveal that the musicians playing on this band's two albums were in fact Nuova Idea, as Radio Records (the label on which the first album and the singles appeared) was distributed by their label Ariston at the time.
Mainly instrumental, with just some choral vocal parts, the albums are typical of a late 60's organ-led psychy pop sound and some tracks were used as TV film themes."

The music on this RRS 134 is credited to Ninety (aka Gianfranco Reverberi, brother of Gian Piero), but I suspect the brothers were both composers of the musics here (the attached music sheet of "Arcipelago" could be a proof)

This I'm sharing here is surely the CD release from the bootleg/unofficial label Flawed Gems (GEM84, 2012), which contains also 4 bonus tracks from the 70's singles.

[Radio Records] - RRS 134 - The Underground Set - The Underground Set (1970)
music by Ninety
flac 16bit-44.1kHz
pixeldrain.com/u/Rk3L991P
G.

Ice8

Many thanks Greta for uploading and nice text! Great.

zoomo

Cheers Greta.

stackjackson

• Administrator
Very cool! Thanks, Greta! :D

Always nice to have the artwork, but I wish folks would take the time to photograph the front cover in proper framing, squared, etc. What's the point of taking a crooked image?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 01:22:17 PM by stackjackson »
| Stack |

dothislikebrutus

new to me, thanks Greta!, very groovy

Greta

• Administrator
Very cool! Thanks, Greta! :D

Always nice to have the artwork, but I wish folks would take the time to photograph the front cover in proper framing, squared, etc. What's the point of taking a crooked image?

There are another couple of images on discogs, maybe a bit more squared and framed.
I grabbed the ones in the folder from another site because of the bigger variety.
G.

baobab13

Thanks Greta! Nice psych rock!

kpmhill

Love it.

Texas Ranger

• ☆UNDERWATER JAZZ☆
Great record ! Thank you !

Rocco

Wonderful! Thank you so much, Greta.
I remember Nuova Idea was one of my favourite bands.
This album with the compositions of Gianfranco Reverberi (and as you said probably also of Gian Piero Reverberi) is really great but I also like the bonus tracks and the cover.

keir

thank you!

I found a bigger image of the Flawed Gems cover than the one that's around on discogs etc.

Greta

• Administrator
Thank you keir.
G.

geo

thank you very much, greta!!!

:)
geo
password: libmusicnet
:)
geo

zibi67

The Underground Set – War In The Night Before : plhttps://we.tl/t-YAIWDXSAnU
Info : https://www.discogs.com/release/8514536-The-Underground-Set-War-In-The-Night-Before

LMTH303

Great upgrade Greta...was after this since a decade and some more...Thank you!

Made some minor corrections to the images and came out with these...(if anyone's interested)...