Author Topic: [CAVENDISH] The Power Connection / and a question about a track  (Read 681 times)

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
[CAVENDISH] The Power Connection / and a question about a track
« on: November 02, 2022, 06:00:08 PM »
With the help of ChunYinZi I got an incredible chunk of my library beefed up.
However, one album is strangely difficult to get a hold on - the catalogue numbers change throughout Discogs and the various PM websites and they even sometimes renamed the tracks.

I am looking for this one:

It has a CD and a Vinyl release. The cover shows the CD release from '87, the vinyl has a different font.

To be more precise, I only need one track out of it: Time Out.

The second part is a question who owns the album FULL FRONTAL:

There is a track called "Dimension D." On 5AlarmMusic.com, the track that I thought was "Dimension D." is called "Fast Foward".

Here is the website with the search string, so it should be the first track (CAV001) https://search.5alarmmusic.com/main//?searchtext=Fast%20Forward
However, on Cavendish itself, it's "correct": https://search.cavendishmusic.com/track/CAVC0001
Sonoton also has this as "Dimension D."

Can anyone like play that track real quick and tell me if Cavendish is right? I mean, you could say "Hey, dude, it's from Cavendish, they should know", but I am not sure with all the weird LP/CD/reissues or whatever, I'd like to tag that song properly.

Thanks in advance.

zoomo

« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 11:01:54 PM by zoomo »

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
Re: [CAVENDISH] The Power Connection / and a question about a track
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 02:42:37 PM »
Fantastic! Thank you so much!
It is shocking how ridiculously bad some of my tracks were! Now listening to this chill track in this quality is an eye-opener. Or ear-opener...

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 06:40:00 PM »
I have that Full Frontal LP. Looking on my phone can’t find the track. If you load a sample up I can tell you the name of the track on the original LP if that’s what you’re asking??
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 07:02:01 PM by Retronic »

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2022, 07:21:51 AM »
Thanks for the help, but I just realized that on Discogs, there's a photo of the vinyl.
And there's also track lengths printed on which matches with my suspected, "true" Dimension D.

The Dimension D. starts as a pure, fast synthesizer and then at 0:32 turns into a powerfull, driving rock song.