Author Topic: Standard Music Library - any release dates?  (Read 891 times)

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
Standard Music Library - any release dates?
« on: October 24, 2022, 02:50:32 PM »
I wonder if anyone can shed some light on the SML.

https://www.discogs.com/de/label/16414-Standard-Music-Library

They have a bunch of tracks I'd like to add to my collection, but I only add files that have name, proper cover, artists name - and the year of release.

Discogs is not helping, and checking the sleeves of the disks (you can see some on eBay) they have no copyright on them, not on the disk itself nor the booklet. NICHION says 1992, Discogs 1989. An album called "Millenium" is on Discogs for 1998 (which makes sense so close to the new millenium), NICHION says it's '94 which would also be plausible (Sim City 2000 released also far from 2000 ;))

None of the websites have dates, I tried all the distributors but the important line is always empty. It is kind of driving me nuts. I played with the idea of asking bluntly to their eMail address, but I am sure they'd brush it off as I am not a customer nor a registered content creator/licensee...

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
Re: Standard Music Library - any release dates?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 02:48:33 PM »
W...What?! I was checking the Fandom and could not figure them out! Not even Discogs has these..
Thank you very, very much!! But.. are these new? I literally have the fandom tabs open next to LMT and I go there before asking here.

Anyways, thank you so much!!

EDIT: OH MY F..ING GOD, they modified/created the site LITERALLY THE DAY I asked here :D :D
I remember the link was "dead" or not clickable about the ESL (CD) albums! Thank you, Reksieowic, who added 19,000 Bytes (aka characters!). So I guess when I posted this, this list has been composed but not yet published.. What are the odds?!

Now I can forage through a few more albums!

Funny though that the album "Millenium" that I used in the intro post is listed as 1994 album, too. So NICHION was right, and the Discogs' information is wrong. Huh.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 03:02:55 PM by Psyclon »

Moleoman

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 07:56:31 PM »
No problem (yes, I'm that Reksiowiec). At least it helps that (a) early Standard Music CD albums have release years on the CDs themselves, (b) Nichion started distributing the label in Japan as early as 1992 and (c) The Music People Ltd.'s old site contained newsletters from which 1999-2006 album (Canadian) release dates can be checked.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 07:13:31 PM »
Super cool of you!!

I was actually about to eMail them - and did. I expected no results though because I am not a licensee nor a client, and alas, the mail was rejected by their mail server because I am "Not in their group" (e.g. I am not registered and not worthy). Kinda funky, this is their inquiry mail address - what a nice way to impress possible new customers by just tell them they are "Not customers"  ::)