Author Topic: Question -How to search for unknown Track IDs  (Read 1296 times)

testcard

Question -How to search for unknown Track IDs
« on: October 14, 2022, 09:01:01 AM »
When you search for unknown Track IDs, do you rely entirely on the memory of music melody, or do you use computer software to search (For example, how to identify computer duplicate music files)?

I know many people who have a great memory of melody.
English is not my mother tongue, so there are often mistakes in writing. Please forgive me. I will try to improve.

Moleoman

Re: Question -How to search for unknown Track IDs
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 12:37:32 PM »
In my case, during searches for unknown Track IDs I rely mainly on either the genre of the track (or even the album where it was included) or by the instruments heard in the track.

Before the introduction of the fingerprint method, the only other way to find the track (if the aforementioned methods failed) is by listening each track in the library (mainly the first few seconds of it or so), album by album, "step by step". It's a time-consuming process but somehow I've managed to ID some tracks by this way.

testcard

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 02:00:18 PM »
In my case, during searches for unknown Track IDs I rely mainly on either the genre of the track (or even the album where it was included) or by the instruments heard in the track.

Before the introduction of the fingerprint method, the only other way to find the track (if the aforementioned methods failed) is by listening each track in the library (mainly the first few seconds of it or so), album by album, "step by step". It's a time-consuming process but somehow I've managed to ID some tracks by this way.

Hello, Moleoman

Is fingerprint method identified by software? If so, can you recommend some related software? thanks a lot

I know that software such as "shazam" can recognize music, but library music is too niche, and many of them are not included in the "shazam" music library, so they can't be recognized. I can only identify it in the downloaded music files in my computer.
I upload music to YouTube, and YouTube will give information about some music, but most music is still unknown.
English is not my mother tongue, so there are often mistakes in writing. Please forgive me. I will try to improve.

Moleoman

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 09:42:23 PM »
By fingerpint method I mean the one posted by MrDonut (and previous version by Retromatic): https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=4778.0

There's also the online "demo" version of the music matcher (which I often use): h++p://api,writecomments,com/upload/

testcard

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 10:03:19 PM »
By fingerpint method I mean the one posted by MrDonut (and previous version by Retromatic): https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=4778.0

There's also the online "demo" version of the music matcher (which I often use): h++p://api,writecomments,com/upload/

Thanks, I really don't know if you don't tell me Thanks, I'll try.

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 02:53:07 PM »
I personally use a few ways:

1. By memory of the tracks
2. Searching track by track, album by album, library by library. As stated above, very time consuming but can bring results. I listen to various parts of each track as it is quite surprising how some can change quite a bit part way through.

If those fail, then I will use hxxps://x-minus.pro/ai to remove the vocals (if any) from the recording and try both the un-filtered and filtered tracks in the following:
3. Test them on the fingerprinter (as above), though I use the downloaded version
4. Try on shazam
5. Try on aha (hxxps://www(dot)aha-music(dot)com/identify-songs-music-recognition-online)
6. Try using Google Assist (on your android phone)
7. Convert the files to a video and upload to youtube

If all those fail, then No.8, I will save up a few and ask on here.

testcard

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2022, 04:05:27 PM »
I personally use a few ways:

1. By memory of the tracks
2. Searching track by track, album by album, library by library. As stated above, very time consuming but can bring results. I listen to various parts of each track as it is quite surprising how some can change quite a bit part way through.

If those fail, then I will use hxxps://x-minus.pro/ai to remove the vocals (if any) from the recording and try both the un-filtered and filtered tracks in the following:
3. Test them on the fingerprinter (as above), though I use the downloaded version
4. Try on shazam
5. Try on aha (hxxps://www(dot)aha-music(dot)com/identify-songs-music-recognition-online)
6. Try using Google Assist (on your android phone)
7. Convert the files to a video and upload to youtube

If all those fail, then No.8, I will save up a few and ask on here.

thank you

Indeed, there are many ways. I will try them one by one.