Author Topic: [Dolly Record] DR 33101 - Orchestra Pier Giuseppe Ragni (1984)  (Read 1044 times)

Rocco

[Dolly Record] DR 33101 - Orchestra Pier Giuseppe Ragni (1984)
« on: October 02, 2022, 04:22:14 AM »

Hello everyone,
here is an album by Pier Giuseppe Ragni on Dolly Record, a small label under Ed. Tamo.
It includes a variety of styles such as bossa, waltz, blues and easy listening, but overall is smooth and pleasant.

Some tracks are pretty catchy, perfect to be used as themes for radio and TV, like "Hurricane", "Kenton Bossa" and "Klepton".
I also like "Fiori di Campo", "Libera" and "Note Blu", the latter very funky.
In addition you can find one piece by a municipal band directed by M° Leone Santucci, which seems a bit out of context.

I chose to name the tracks "Fiori di Campo" and "Cinfuegos" according to the handwritten note on the cover.
Have a nice Sunday!

[Dolly Record] DR 33101 - Orchestra Pier Giuseppe Ragni - Untitled (1984) - music by Anita Casadei, Peones (Mario Molino), Reddy Bobbio, Litterio Tripodi, Alberto Ragni, Luciano Sterpellone, Leone Santucci, Pier Giuseppe Ragni
mega.nz/file/VboG3YCK#CrAQsvDV2AX-iUWzcyhnTcbrv-0zkjxqndwKcw_jihE

Greta

• Administrator
Re: [Dolly Record] DR 33101 - Orchestra Pier Giuseppe Ragni (1984)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 08:40:32 AM »
Thanks Rocco, for yet another obscurity/rarity.
This is my very first Dolly Record, at it's been a pleasant listen overall ("Note Blu" my fav track).

It's curious how these small labels often fail in doing everything right.
I mean, many times we find bad translations from other languages, typos in foreign words, miswritten tracklists, and so on.
I guess that small companies can't hire staff and probably do everything by themself without a double check on many things, but the lack of attention is "curious" at least.
Apart the printing error, as stated by the handwritten note, we can see on the labels the word "holiday" written with double L => "holliday", for example.
And also the title "Cinfuegos", I'm sure it's a typo, cause the title should be "Cienfuegos", from the Spanish "cien fuegos" => "a hundred fires" (the handwritten note says "cienfuegos" actually).
On label A and label B, the same names written in different ways: "Tripodi - Bobbio" and "L. Tripodi - R. Bobbio".

Not a complaint obviously, just noticing the weird kinks.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 08:43:37 AM by Greta »
G.

Ice8

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 02:09:47 PM »
Many thanks Rocco for a big rip!

geo

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 10:17:24 PM »
thank you very much, rocco!! another fantastic record!! made my Sunday eve!!

:)
geo
password: libmusicnet
:)
geo