Author Topic: Gerhard Narholz: Interview in sight  (Read 2267 times)

C0NN1E

• Just a person who likes to research library music
    • Library Music Archives
Re: Gerhard Narholz: Interview in sight
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2022, 03:24:02 AM »
Alright everyone, Sunday is nearly here! I'm both excited and nervous to talk to Narholz, but I know I can do this. Wish me luck on Sunday.

KPM Lover

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2022, 03:42:51 AM »
Thanks so much for the reply Connie! But this story that the partnership between Sonoton and Berry Music ended with EMI's purchase of Berry is a lie. Because the partnership didn't actually end until 1977, that was 4 years after the purchase of EMI.

C0NN1E

• Library Music Archives
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2022, 06:04:36 AM »
Thanks so much for the reply Connie! But this story that the partnership between Sonoton and Berry Music ended with EMI's purchase of Berry is a lie. Because the partnership didn't actually end until 1977, that was 4 years after the purchase of EMI.

Interesting... I'll have to look more into it. Thanks for informing me :>

Walk the Skies 202

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2022, 10:20:31 AM »
I doubt if Narholz had any direct say in the matter, but I'm curious to what was the process with selecting material from the vinyl albums and putting them on a CD a decade or so later, regardless of if that CD was a compilation or not. (Case in point, Narholz had a lot of timpani tracks under the Sammy Burdson pseudonym on SON 252 in 1986, then selected bits were reissued on SCD 221 in 1996.)

C0NN1E

• Library Music Archives
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2022, 02:13:48 AM »
The interview was a success. Everyone, I hope you enjoy. Mr and KPM Lover, I believe this should answer your questions adequately.

kpmhill

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2022, 04:21:24 AM »
Awesome.

a8detective

• a8detective - YouTube
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2022, 06:25:07 AM »
     Fantastic! I enjoyed your interview, or "videomeeting," with Mr. Narholz. What a great guy. I particularly liked his comments about his photography and his use of aliases. Thank you for doing this, C0NN1E. Nice job!

Fuzi

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2022, 12:48:39 PM »
Thank you Connie for arranging the talk, very interesting to hear about the context where this music was created and the start of Sonoton's business

Life with ⓁⓂⓉ is so rich!

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2022, 01:28:14 PM »
Great job! Really interesting to finally hear the man talk - like he reiterated a few times during the interview, he certainly enjoys staying in the 'background', like his music.
The Japanes connection was a particularly interesting tidbit that I don't think is documented anywhere else.

Thanks for including my questions, and doubly so for namedropping LMT! It was a bit bizarre, but also very exciting to hear him react to that, haha.

C0NN1E

• Library Music Archives
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2022, 07:21:31 PM »
Wow, I'm glad you all enjoyed it. It's not everyday we get to speak to a library music legend. I'm grateful to have had the opportunity. :>