Author Topic: [Esquire Records] ER 1039 + [Paloma Records] PR 005 - Esquire/Paloma Record  (Read 1925 times)

Rocco

There are some similarities between "Esquire" and "Paloma Record". Both albums may be a co-production Allione-Paloma.

"Esquire" is an album ranging from synth-pop and disco to tango and dixie beats.
Despite the back cover only mentions Pasador as composer, the tracks on side two are actually composed by Massimo Trevisi and Franca Poli.

The same on the violet Paloma, Elisabetta Paselli only on the back cover, Franca Poli is credited on side two label.
It is a varied album too, including very nice synth-pop and disco-funk tracks, and much else.

For curiosity both records are somehow part of the Vibrazioni series, as you can see on the spines.
In addition the cover art of "Paloma Record" is quite similar to that of the 1039 LP. It says "Paloma Records" on the label but "Esquire Records" on the cover.

Enjoy!

[Esquire Records] E.R. 1039 - Orchestra Billy Chanon - Esquire (1984) - music by Pasador (Paolo Zavallone), Massimo Trevisi and Franca Poli
mega.nz/#!NWozDL6C!z5C2G769aMq1R2tYPFSCxm02y-OxZmcGXD6iAkZXspw

[Paloma Records] P.R. 005 - I Dinbar - Paloma Record (1984) - music by Elisabetta Paselli, Franca Poli and Massimo Trevisi (uncredited)
mega.nz/#!8PonCLRA!9sxlZte-vPXtqA7u-pG74HpPkwfDHamhuXjCY-O5J1I

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 03:11:48 PM by Rocco »

zibi67

Thank you very much.

e-lectron

Excellent! Was looking for both of these. Thanks a lot!

Flemming

Great shares, thanks Rocco.  :)

LMTH303

Wow again Rocco...two amazing synth pop galore...all of which are happy musical constructions of its vintage...
Thank you very much once again!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 11:54:42 PM by LMTH303 »

Greta

• Administrator
Thank you very much for these Rocco. Great shares.
Just one question: on Paloma 005, Track A1 is called "Sed" and is tagged "Sed", and track A2 is called "Time" but it's also tagged "Sed" (the player showed it). Now, which one is the real "Sed" track? I can't find tracks duration anywhere, that's why I'm asking you.
Track A2 "Time" sounds much more Sad (but not Sed, actually) than track A1 Sed. Confused!
G.

electropianist

Thank you very much!

Muff Diver

• Secret Squirrel is watching!

Also, I second Greta's inquiry. According to the MediaInfo app, both tracks 1 & 2 are labeled as "Sed."

On the other hand, according to Audacity, both tracks are labeled correctly, as "Sed" & "Time."

Without track timings, or eyewitness accounts, the definitive proof is missing. Muff Minds are Inquiring!

Thanks Rocco, for contributing and vetting your precious Italian vinyls.

:)

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

Rocco

You are welcome!

Sorry for the confusion, Greta and Muff.
The sequence of the tracks is correct. I mistook the tag of the second track, which is actually "Time".

May be I was wrong because "Time" is a sad track, like Greta said. Unlike the first track "Sed", which is anything but sad.
Curiously I was thinking about this when I tagged the file. Italian library music is weird sometimes.

Sorry again, have a good night.

Greta

• Administrator
Great, thanks for the clarification Rocco.
G.

derteleporter

hey is it possible to reupload those 2? would be very thankful!
peeace, knowsum

Rocco

I have updated the links. Enjoy!  :)

wfoster00

Thanks, Rocco, for updating the links for these two albums.  They brightened an otherwise gloomy day in my part of the world.  I especially enjoyed the New Orleans flavor on ER 1039 what with Mardis Gras ending just a couple of weeks ago.  Further, I was intrigued by the beginning of "K.O." on PR 005 which reminded me a bit of the Talking Heads song, "This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)", an all-time favourite... maybe it was the marimba?

I also listened to the enjoyable Vibrazioni- Metropoli, and Open Air albums...  which leads me to a request. 

Would you mind updating the link for the following album when you have some spare time?

[Paloma Records] DB 003 - Complesso "I Dimbar" - Cerimoniale e Attualitą

bongo_rock

Would you mind updating the link for the following album when you have some spare time?

[Paloma Records] DB 003 - Complesso "I Dimbar" - Cerimoniale e Attualitą

Here it is, wfoster00 ;

[Paloma Records] DB 003 - Complesso ''I Dimbar'' - Cerimoniale e Attualitą (1983)
www99.zippyshare.com/v/i5EozZY1/file.html

Thanks goes to Rocco for ripping and sharing!  :)

wfoster00

Thanks so much, bongo-rock, and of course to you Rocco!