Author Topic: Searching for the ID of a piece of library music for Many Years - please help.  (Read 1870 times)

stackjackson

• Administrator
Ok, so it was composed by Loose and Cadkin.  My only question is this - since this is off a Carlin/CPM re-issue - how would I find out where this track appeared originally?

Is it correct to assume that it originally appeared on a Capitol Hi-Q release?

...Lastly obviously if the track had a different name originally (not "Gadabout") I would like to know that too.

I wish I could help you on this, but those CPM re-releases are frustrating, all re-titled songs with no reference to original release.
At least they provide the names of the writers and I'd say you're correct to assume this appeared on Capitol Hi-Q.
| Stack |

Mr

• Administrator
Nice! Best of luck finding the original release, though - it'd most likely be on one of the numerous Capitol LPs as noted above, or the even more obscure Ultra Music Services.

TServo2049

AFAIK, all of the Loose/Cadkin Ultra Music Services stuff had previously been available on Capitol anyway. There were some Hi-Q reel numbers that got reused later, some of those were said Loose-Cadkin tracks that were relicensed to Emil Ascher/UMS in about 1967.

A telltale sign you have a Hi-Q volume with tracks that later wound up in UMS/Carlin/CPM is that the credited publisher is G.R.H. Music Corp.

(G.R.H. stands for George Robert Hall, who was an associate of Jack Cookerly, another composer involved with these tracks. They are both named on some synthesizer-related U.S. patents. And no, he had no relation to Robert Hall Productions AFAIK.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 06:50:07 PM by TServo2049 »