Author Topic: "Space Ghost: Coast to Coast" Stock Music  (Read 989 times)

Speedy

"Space Ghost: Coast to Coast" Stock Music
« on: March 01, 2020, 03:06:54 PM »
Can anybody help identify the remaining stock music tracks found in this video?:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-42jfMidoY (a few have already been identified- see the video description)

The show used a wide variety of libraries for its music so it's pretty challenging to find them.

EDIT:  Here's what has been identified so far for the series in general:  https://animesuperhero.com/forums/threads/space-ghost-coast-to-coast-stock-music-list.5203771/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 01:30:01 PM by Speedy »

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
Re: "Space Ghost: Coast to Coast" Stock Music
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 05:03:19 PM »
I did not recognise anything else from the video. I would recommend putting start times for each track as not everyone will want to listen to the whole video trying to find the start of each track you want ID'ed

Speedy

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 06:01:40 PM »
Good idea, I've added time codes to the description.

Moleoman

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 10:01:16 PM »
I've made the list of the cues you've managed to identify in the form of a table made in Excel. It doesn't list the composers or usages, but contains the album IDs and some info about the music libraries' US distributors (both those from the time the episodes premiered and the current ones).

If you're asking why there are question marks where the info about Atmosphere's Music past US distributor should be, that's because I haven't found out yet who distributed this catalog in the United States at the time (according to Billboard from 18th May 1996 (page 38), Killer Tracks didn't start distributing Atmosphere until January 1996: https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Billboard/90s/1996/BB-1996-05-18.pdf)

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 11:11:43 PM »
I don't collect these but that is a fantastic Excel file. Just to help, it does state in that link you posted the following about Atmosphere:
"That move signaled BMG Music's foray into the music library business. In 1994, company president Nick Firth acquired Atmosphere Music, said to be the third ranking company of its type in the U.K., followed by a joint venture it set up with Zomba Music Publishing in Germany in 1995." and continues to say "Killer Tracks is now represented by Atmosphere in the U.K. BMG Music represents Killer Tracks in many other countries, and, as of last January, Killer Tracks represents Atmosphere in the U.S.".

So I think you can mark Atmosphere as being distributed by Killer Tracks in the US.