Author Topic: Looking for these Mozart Edition tracks  (Read 1374 times)

apmnut

Looking for these Mozart Edition tracks
« on: January 26, 2020, 02:05:08 AM »
Anyone have these ME tracks in their collection?:
-March Winds - Gilbert Vinter
-May Flowers- Gilbert Vinter
-Pussyfoot- Gilbert Vinter (all on MESLP 084)

I've ID'd the first two as being used somewhere, and I only have access to short samples on the Mozart Edition website. "Pussyfoot" might also be something, so it'd be nice to have it in case.

smazzini016

Re: Looking for these Mozart Edition tracks
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 01:09:12 PM »
Sorry I'm late, but I have the first two cues in my collection. They were sourced from a production music compilation CD from M.E..

I posted March Winds on YouTube. Here's the link:

https://youtu.be/nq1hYD2eAu8

I will upload May Flowers soon
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 01:15:57 PM by smazzini016 »

apmnut

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 01:21:12 PM »
Thanks so much!
If you've any other Stooges cues besides those two sourced from ME, that'd be awesome. There are quite a few tracks used there that sound like they were sourced from there.

Your Pal Doug

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 04:13:15 PM »
h++ps://www.editionuk.co.uk/product/woodwind-music-circus-music-meslp084/
Here are some sound clips and I guess the album's for sale

apmnut

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 07:07:16 PM »
h++ps://www.editionuk.co.uk/product/woodwind-music-circus-music-meslp084/
Here are some sound clips and I guess the album's for sale
I was aware of those short excerpts, but I was asking for the complete tracks. Thanks anyway Doug.

smazzini016

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 05:10:20 PM »
Unfortunately, those two are the only ones I have :/ (of the cues that haven't been found yet)

I'll keep looking though! Right now, I'm hunting for the tracks they used that where originally released on Video Moods. (At least I think it's Video Moods) Especially the one that's used in the first two minutes of this episode:

https://youtu.be/yB1P_L71qig

That cue also appears on another episode, "The Three Marketeers"

apmnut

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 02:58:41 PM »
Unfortunately, those two are the only ones I have :/ (of the cues that haven't been found yet)

I'll keep looking though! Right now, I'm hunting for the tracks they used that where originally released on Video Moods. (At least I think it's Video Moods) Especially the one that's used in the first two minutes of this episode:

https://youtu.be/yB1P_L71qig

That cue also appears on another episode, "The Three Marketeers"
I like that track a lot, but I'm not sure if it's Video Moods. My guess is that it's either some obscure ME track that was never released on any of their LPs or 78s. It's likely part of a suite, since there are a few other tracks used on the program that use that same melody, but I'm sure you already knew that. I've seen the name "Hans J. Salter" on ASCAP as credited for "NEW THREE STOOGES CUES," maybe this is from him. However I may want to make a topic on the Track IDs forum just in case anyone knows for sure if this is Video Moods or not.

Incidentally, I wonder if the "Wash My Line" opening track, that happy flute music heard throughout "Bee My Honey," that Western dance-type music heard in "A Little Past Noon" and the jazzy music heard in "Bearfoot Fisherman", and possibly that catchy melody that opens "The First Glass Service" and "When You Wish Upon a Fish" might be unreleased ME as well. I'd love to see a catalogue for that label, to see if there's any obscure albums from them that might yield results.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 03:07:39 PM by apmnut »

smazzini016

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 06:56:05 PM »
Yeah, it's just my educational guess. Who knows? It could just as easily be one of their JW tracks, which one can find on apm. Sometimes really elusive tracks just turn up where you'd least expect them to be. I haven't looked into the entire JW Theme Music catalog to know for sure though.

Interesting side note on Video Moods though. One of the cues which recently surfaced, "Watch for the Manhole" by Ward Sills was used in another vintage cartoon, "Linus The Lionhearted"
Particularly in a previously lost Rory Raccoon segment, "Bye Bye Bad Bird"  (at 2:20)

https://youtu.be/m6AXsmgnV3s

I also used it in my own cartoon after it resurfaced (https://youtu.be/NkhJE5InzrU), and I intend to bring back as many obscure tracks from classic tv cartoons as I possibly can.

If I find any more three stooges cues, I'll share them on my alternative channel, but so far there's no word on any video moods 78s for sell on discogs or ebay.