Author Topic: De Wolfe albums missing!  (Read 4115 times)

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: De Wolfe albums missing!
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2020, 09:09:35 AM »
Interesting little oddity from 1977.  Took me a long time to find actually although not rare or desirable to the masses, still interesting to hear cinema organ covers of well loved tunes.
In a career lasting over 80 years, Ena Baga performed in some the most iconic cinemas and theatres in England. She composed and recorded music for television and cinema, appeared in Hollywood films, and played before an exclusive royal audience.In the 1970's Baga was still contributing to the de Wolfe Music library, with a number of her compositions appearing on the third LP in The Silent Film Era collection. 1977 saw the release of Ena Baga at the Compton Organ of the Leicester Square Odeon. This record featured Baga, (now over 70 years old) performing a number of hits from other de Wolfe composers (including The Gonk, Eye Level, Emanuelle, George & Mildred and Policeman's Holiday), as well as some of her own, on the famous organ at Oscar Deutch's flagship cinema.

mediafire.com/file/gxyz7knw886gy0x/DWSLP_3356_-__Ena_Baga__At_The_Compton_Organ_Of_The_Leicester_Square_Odeon.rar/file

The_Eleventh_Hour

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2020, 09:27:37 AM »
Interesting little oddity from 1977.  Took me a long time to find actually although not rare or desirable to the masses, still interesting to hear cinema organ covers of well loved tunes.
In a career lasting over 80 years, Ena Baga performed in some the most iconic cinemas and theatres in England. She composed and recorded music for television and cinema, appeared in Hollywood films, and played before an exclusive royal audience.In the 1970's Baga was still contributing to the de Wolfe Music library, with a number of her compositions appearing on the third LP in The Silent Film Era collection. 1977 saw the release of Ena Baga at the Compton Organ of the Leicester Square Odeon. This record featured Baga, (now over 70 years old) performing a number of hits from other de Wolfe composers (including The Gonk, Eye Level, Emanuelle, George & Mildred and Policeman's Holiday), as well as some of her own, on the famous organ at Oscar Deutch's flagship cinema.

mediafire.com/file/gxyz7knw886gy0x/DWSLP_3356_-__Ena_Baga__At_The_Compton_Organ_Of_The_Leicester_Square_Odeon.rar/file

Thank you once again my good man!

krizl

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2020, 11:07:00 PM »
Cheers Retro

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2020, 01:20:23 AM »
Cheers Retro.
G.

digdeeper

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2020, 09:17:30 PM »

Thank you for your efforts, Retronic!

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2020, 01:24:15 PM »
Here is the split version of DWLP 3197 - An Anthology Of Mediaeval And Renaissance Music

Thanks again Retro.

mega.nz/#!iGBQ1SQT!AdVDweS-tQbV2JIYz0UoFDSs5OxBdwsdJAwf8CVTTY0

ps   That's all I can do. I'd help, but I have no skills to sort out clicks and pops of DWLP 3071.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 11:10:44 PM by Greta »
G.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2020, 01:39:49 PM »
Thanks Greta

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2020, 02:33:17 PM »
Thank you very much again for these new albums