Author Topic: Brian Clemens' Thriller : Music from the TV movies  (Read 1052 times)

markmcm

Brian Clemens' Thriller : Music from the TV movies
« on: January 12, 2020, 08:57:25 PM »
Hi. I compiled this page many years ago, trying to piece together all the various library tracks were used in the TV Movie versions (edited for US TV) of the ATV series 'Thriller'. Having managed to ID quite a few of them, there are still a handful of tracks that have eluded me...

http://www.mcmweb.co.uk/thriller/

Links are available to the unknown tracks. Please have a listen, and you can identify any of them, it would be gratefully appreciated.

Mr

• Administrator
Re: Brian Clemens' Thriller : Music from the TV movies
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 11:50:11 PM »
I'm guessing you know this already, but the two "A Killer in Every Corner" clips both start with a harp rendition of the Minuet from Boccherini's String Quintet in E.

Apart from that, there's nothing I immediately recognize, sorry. Some cool synth sounds in these cues, though! :)

Lord Thames

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 11:53:05 PM »
The first part of 'A Killer....' is 'Classical Minuet' by David Snell, from KPM 1199, not sure what the brassier track that makes up the second part is. (It sounds like a Bruton, possibly Brian Bennett, but don't quote me on that!)

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 03:09:17 AM »
"A Place To Die (Close)" is "Montée au Calvaire" by Vladimir Cosma from Patchwork Library PW 03 (this kinda sounds like a track used Monty Python used in Life Of Brian but can't think of which part)
"I'm The Girl He Wants To Kill" is "Sulle Rovine" by Complesso Fabor from the World Library WLP 101
"In The Steps of a Dead Man (Open)" it has parts of "Destructive Powers" by David Fanshwae from KPM 1152
The brassier bit in "A Killer In Every Corner (Open)" is "Tension and Release" by John Scott from KPM 1172
"Deep In Deep Water (Open)" is "Motor City" by Nick Ingman from KPM 1206
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 03:13:12 AM by Craig-UK »

Lord Thames

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 09:15:48 PM »
Amazing work!   :)

markmcm

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 01:31:05 PM »
Incredible detective work there! Thank you so much for the info.