Author Topic: Jack Trombey / Edward Michael  (Read 1591 times)

the_view_electrical

• The View Electrical
Jack Trombey / Edward Michael
« on: November 16, 2019, 12:30:45 PM »
Hi everybody,

I'm currently looking for some vinyl rips:

- DW/LP 3056 - EDWARD MICHAEL "Seven Symphonic Preludes"
- DW/LP 3171 - JACK TROMBEY "Fourteen Pictorial Sketches For Orchestra No. 2"
- DW/LP 3289 - JACK TROMBEY "Wide Open Spaces"

Could someone help ?

Thanks a lot and best wishes from Lausanne, Switzerland.

F.
Amateur musician, teacher and Instagram photographer. I sing and play guitar in Rosalyn and The View Electrical. From Lausanne, Switzerland.

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: Jack Trombey / Edward Michael
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 01:06:53 PM »
I’m not at home but pretty sure I have those ripped.  Let me check.

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 01:26:56 PM »
I'll put this in the Request section...
| Stack |

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 02:05:43 PM »
DW/LP 3056 - Sept Préludes Symphoniques:
mega.nz/#!WUNRxY6Q!L1l6QNIBTyEVHM60LPFSvLFJ_i4Di9BdCPRh977OY9k

DW/LP 3171 - Fourteen Pictorial Sketches For Orchestra No 2:
mega.nz/#!DBVX2SBZ!2TvIZZ0nfXzVyop0ranT26EdDJ7jAPryasnDRtndlEY

DWS/LP 3289 - Wide Open Spaces:
mega.nz/#!CMUjmS6Y!CwHvyQ6i41wK99H73eVPvduwDXkE9IUOmn__TeZnBhY

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 01:48:02 AM »
Thanks from me too Retro, I didn't have a couple of these in lossless format.
G.

the_view_electrical

• The View Electrical
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 09:27:00 AM »
Hi !

W O W !!

Thank you so much Retronic for your uploads and very sorry for the late reply !!!
I didn't get any notifications about your misc posts for whatever reason.

Me happy... while trying to find the hidden gems.

Best wishes to all of you,

F.

PS: I had a quick listen to "14 Pictorial Sketches..." Well, I still can't find the songs I've been looking for though I had high hopes with this one. However, it features some very beautiful music: "Unknown Horizons" is absolutely mesmerizing. Thanks a lot !!

Would you be ok to also upload these ones, please ?

DW/LP 3071 - From Other Lands No. 3
DW/LP 3189 - Sea Music
DW 2896 - Egyptian Impressions
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 10:51:00 AM by the_view_electrical »
Amateur musician, teacher and Instagram photographer. I sing and play guitar in Rosalyn and The View Electrical. From Lausanne, Switzerland.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 05:18:16 PM »
Can do.  I don’t think I have the LP of the last one but it has been shared so I think I have an mp3 somewhere.  I’ll dig them out.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 06:57:03 PM by Retronic »

the_view_electrical

• The View Electrical
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 10:28:51 AM »
Thanks buddy !!

cesser000

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 04:07:45 PM »

Would you be ok to also upload these ones, please ?

DW/LP 3071 - From Other Lands No. 3
DW/LP 3189 - Sea Music
DW 2896 - Egyptian Impressions

Here are 3189 and 2896 - both are 320kbps MP3.  These are not my rips - my thanks to the original uploaders...

DW 2896 - Egyptian Impressions --- hxxps://mega.nz/#!BPIi3IxI!S9GG-nJDjon3zH7OPtuW_JmdFSSb2yvyQfhGb0GOCcg
DW/LP 3189 - Sea Music --- hxxps://mega.nz/#!EeAAjK5S!uuO6OCyGTHiOqTIKMa29qaxsRJriWoukCiKcS6_ACXc

the_view_electrical

• The View Electrical
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 08:39:26 AM »
hey, thank you very much !!

this definitely helps a lot for not buying too much records that don't really correspond to what i've been looking for.

the_view_electrical

• The View Electrical
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2019, 10:14:18 AM »
So no luck so far.

I'm still looking for the original recording of these two snippets I made with my smartphone:

LE NIL 1 https://mega.nz/#!kpMz0K5b!De6OCKUbIoSF3axPZC2Zl3OAmquE7VwQO0tX4yJExQo
LE NIL 2 https://mega.nz/#!BsE3jabT!J8g5cXUzWg7QyYUCJxYhpH-1WdWcFZFCM3N0Sq18S58

I'm pretty sure both come from the same album. It definitely sounds very much like some Trombey's with some repeated patterns working like typical PHILIP GLASS.

Thanks a lot to everyone who cares !
Thanks for listening.

Best,

F.

cesser000

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2019, 04:06:01 PM »
I'm still looking for the original recording of these two snippets I made with my smartphone:

LE NIL 1 https://mega.nz/#!kpMz0K5b!De6OCKUbIoSF3axPZC2Zl3OAmquE7VwQO0tX4yJExQo
LE NIL 2 https://mega.nz/#!BsE3jabT!J8g5cXUzWg7QyYUCJxYhpH-1WdWcFZFCM3N0Sq18S58

I'm pretty sure both come from the same album. It definitely sounds very much like some Trombey's with some repeated patterns working like typical PHILIP GLASS.

I said this before in your original thread, but if I had to bet, that second piece is from Paul Lewis.  Parts of it sound A LOT like a very slow version of a Paul Lewis piece which I know to be titled 'Pursuit Of Power', and which I and others have been searching for well over 5 years now.  I know that track to be on 78 RPM DW 2944 from 1966, but that record seems to be harder to find than the lost ark.  I keep hoping and praying that a8detective will somehow come up with it eventually :) 

Your piece could very well be the B-side to that 78 for all I know.  The piece I'm looking for was used in a handful of NFL Films shows in the 70's, and I have a sample from one of the shows on my channel.  Take a listen and I think you'll agree about Paul Lewis...

the_view_electrical

• The View Electrical
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2019, 10:47:06 AM »
hi !

thanks a lot for your misc infos about paul lewis. hope you'll find this dream-shellac asap !!

i had a listen at your video: well, yeah, the main melody offers some similarities. however, what strikes me the most is this omnipresence of loops in the background of my own snippets. i mean, you clearly hear some harp and flutes (?) going on like crazy, ebb & flow-like. both tracks are related. it makes me think of the album "legend of the sea" (de wolfe) which i own were you've got a recurrent theme with different orchestrations, subtle or triumphant. the last records i've been listening to actually feature these kinds of typical trombey's orchestral loops: "sea music", "fourteen pictorial sketches..." and even "moods for strings" if i'm not mistaken.

i also think that the original album where this "nile" music was taken from should have been released close around the actual release date of the TV documentary: 1977. i don't think those french dudes who made it took some music from an obscure 78" from the late sixties. i think they had to sonically illustrate some little parts of their doc and just ordered some library music which was freshly released. but, obviously, it's just my own point of view.

anyway, thanks again !!! and best luck.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2019, 04:17:33 PM »
They don't appear to be on 3071 which is more 'ethnic' sounding.  This does sound like seascape, panoramic material.

the_view_electrical

• The View Electrical
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2019, 10:48:16 AM »
hi everybody !

GREAT NEWS:

christmas time is here, for dog's sake: yesterday i bought a copy of this LP at last:
EDWARD MICHAËL - quatorze esquisses pittoresques pour orchestre
i actually had the mp3's somewhere. got them during my long quest for the "tutankhamun, live forever" ost (please see my other posts),
probably here on the forum.

so today morning i actually wanted to hear this beautiful track "pays de légende" again.
the whole album was available on youtube but now it's gone for whatever reason...
so i went back to the de wolfe website and started to listen to this one which is luckily featuring on the edward michaël's section.
then the next track started to play and - goosebumps all over the place - it's the one i've been looking for all these past weeks... !!!
F*CK YEAH !!! :o

it's called "au fil de l'eau" ("flowing water") and, of course, the link with the "nile" tv doc is now obvious, almost ridiculous... !!!

DAMN, PURE CHANCE !!!
very very happy. and my copy is on my way...

thank you guys for everyhing. your kind help means a lot.
wish you a lovely christmas time and wonderful holidays (if you've got some).

best from lausanne, switzerland.

sincerely,
frederic