Author Topic: Dawn of the Dead - De Wolfe Library Compilation  (Read 1865 times)

Fuzi

Dawn of the Dead - De Wolfe Library Compilation
« on: January 07, 2023, 03:55:49 AM »
Found this comp digging online… the perfect companion to this good read about Retronic’s quest

FLAC: m@ga.nz/file/wqAkjTYS#0HVAM063IKDHO8UuCc4-1clVUPmKsOKBvUDebQCS44k

Life with ⓁⓂⓉ is so rich!

potzorbie

Re: Dawn of the Dead - De Wolfe Library Compilation
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 04:34:45 AM »
I was wondering if the discussion of this would pop up again. Before the board had it's big wipe last year and regressed to an earlier version there was a big thread about this movie and all it's library tracks. We were all looking forward to this to help complete the collection, which I believe one member was successful in doing. But there hasn't been a peep about it as well as the Creepshow completion as well.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 05:07:31 AM »
Always a project very close to my heart and one of the reasons I got into library music in the first place.   
Coincidentally, I'll be doing a DOTD special on The Weekend Set, which will be on YouTube later today at some point.

Ice8

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2023, 05:13:51 AM »
Many thanks Fuzi for the rescue!

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 01:57:13 PM »
You can still read the old thread here =>

https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=4381.0
| Stack |

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2023, 03:06:47 PM »
What I never understood is if a 100% complete soundtrack in flac has been put together.

I got lost with all those topics by many contributors in the past, and I ended up with nothing grabbed!

Is the complete lossless collection available at any link at the moment?
G.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2023, 03:36:11 PM »
Not every cue. I did one but hasn’t quite found everything at that time.  Just finished a 1.40 set of many of the DOTD tracks.  Loading up to YT now.

potzorbie

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2023, 10:01:09 PM »
You can still read the old thread here =>

https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=4381.0
A huge chunk of that discussion was lost like I said above. Other users had found missing cues and some even bought old LPs just to rip them to add to the collection. I hope those folks can rejoin the discussion so we can get this completed!

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2023, 01:58:55 PM »
A huge chunk of that discussion was lost like I said above. Other users had found missing cues and some even bought old LPs just to rip them to add to the collection. I hope those folks can rejoin the discussion so we can get this completed!

I gotcha. I was just putting the link there for reference in case someone wanted to read the original posting.
| Stack |

Fuzi

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2023, 03:15:38 PM »
Zombi / Dawn Of The Dead (The Complete Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

More zombies tunes by Goblin, adding to the confusion:)

FLAC: m@ga.nz/file/FyByASRJ#aAxFW60nXz_dBys3PMIL5SyNz2itNYSujiDptmKm_rU
Life with ⓁⓂⓉ is so rich!

zyzzle

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2023, 12:32:36 PM »
Not every cue. I did one but hasn’t quite found everything at that time.  Just finished a 1.40 set of many of the DOTD tracks.  Loading up to YT now.

If you did an all-FLAC compilation for DOTD (a Herculean feat!), and uploaded it to Youtube, your efforts at keeping the sound lossless are moot, for Youtube unceremoniously re-encodes ALL audio to lossy ~160 kbps AAC audio, even audio which is uploaded in FLAC.

If possible, please post your compilation here in FLAC.

Many thanks for your efforts at exhaustively ferreting out all the cues. I remember the old thread, (as well as CREEPSHOW), and was wondering as well if there ever was a "definitive" version of the complete soundtrack ever released in totally lossless format.

potzorbie

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2023, 05:31:36 PM »

If you did an all-FLAC compilation for DOTD (a Herculean feat!), and uploaded it to Youtube, your efforts at keeping the sound lossless are moot, for Youtube unceremoniously re-encodes ALL audio to lossy ~160 kbps AAC audio, even audio which is uploaded in FLAC.

If possible, please post your compilation here in FLAC.

Many thanks for your efforts at exhaustively ferreting out all the cues. I remember the old thread, (as well as CREEPSHOW), and was wondering as well if there ever was a "definitive" version of the complete soundtrack ever released in totally lossless format.
They were talking about uploading their dj set where they played a bunch of tracks from DOTD. That is what they uploaded to Youtube, not the entire completed soundtrack they are working on.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2023, 06:20:38 PM »
I have got every track and posted all bar the tympani’s and sound effect tracks in that previous thread before the crash. I also loaded up a CDs worth of ‘unused’ tracks that were written down on old cue lists- so we’re probably in an early edit before George tweaked it and got his final edit.  You can totally imagine them in the film as they are similar and from records from the same period.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 06:22:11 PM by Retronic »