Author Topic: Nazionalmusic, Supermarket series  (Read 1349 times)

owlglass

Nazionalmusic, Supermarket series
« on: September 23, 2019, 08:28:41 AM »
Does anyone know if Nazionalmusic's Supermarket series has ever been reissued or released under other titles?

milliondollars

Re: Nazionalmusic, Supermarket series
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 12:45:41 PM »
don't know anything about reissues or re-releases on other labels but to be honest....from what i have heard so far, there is no reason for these. can't judge on this as i do not know all of them though.

also, looking at the discography of Nazionalmusic in the labels section, you can see that there are far too many gaps to be filled so i would not even dare to judge on the label as a whole. who knows what will show up still...  ::)

owlglass

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 12:54:18 PM »
don't know anything about reissues or re-releases on other labels but to be honest....from what i have heard so far, there is no reason for these. can't judge on this as i do not know all of them though.

So the content isn't that interesting? It was the descriptions of the Paolo Renosto albums on Discogs that made me wonder about the series – I imagined something like his Lesiman "Informale" stuff.

milliondollars

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 01:54:14 PM »
i have heard about 4 of them. none of them was remarkable nor consistent. even had two in physical format, that i sold already. one had a very good tune on it but i think that was about it. it was not worth keeping it as i got a very good offer for it. the other one was dixieland type of music if i remember correctly. wouldn't mind to hear the rest but my expectations are quite low to be honest...  :-\

would be glad if people would prove the opposite though  ;D

owlglass

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 02:02:52 PM »
i have heard about 4 of them. none of them was remarkable nor consistent. even had two in physical format, that i sold already. one had a very good tune on it but i think that was about it. it was not worth keeping it as i got a very good offer for it. the other one was dixieland type of music if i remember correctly. wouldn't mind to hear the rest but my expectations are quite low to be honest...  :-\

Well, that doesn't sound too promising. I'd still like to hear the Paolo Renosto albums though.

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 05:04:12 PM »
These are terribly obscure, unfortunately. Never heard them, nor seen them for sale.
In addition to the Renosto cues, there are some works by A. Riccardo Luciani, "Gisteri", "Raskovich" and "Winkell" on these LPs that I'd very much like to hear.

Reissues? Not that I know of. Not yet, at least.
Like the similar (possibly related?*) Edizioni Leonardi, Nazionalmusic is still operating as a publishing company in Milano, as far as I'm aware. Maybe if someone were to get in touch with director Floriana Bozzalla, we could get a digital reissue somewhere down the line?

edit:
* It isn't necessarily relevant, but interestingly, their business address is currently the same as Leonardi's; Corso Europa 5.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 05:13:10 PM by Mr »

owlglass

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 05:16:43 PM »
These are terribly obscure, unfortunately. Never heard them, nor seen them for sale.
In addition to the Renosto cues, there are some works by A. Riccardo Luciani, "Gisteri", "Raskovich" and "Winkell" on these LPs that I'd very much like to hear.

Reissues? Not that I know of. Not yet, at least.
Like the similar (possibly related?*) Edizioni Leonardi, Nazionalmusic is still operating as a publishing company in Milano, as far as I'm aware. Maybe if someone were to get in touch with director Floriana Bozzalla, we could get a digital reissue somewhere down the line?

edit:
* It isn't necessarily relevant, but interestingly, their business address is currently the same as Leonardi's; Corso Europa 5.

That certainly is interesting. And a very good idea to get in touch with them.

owlglass

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 05:19:58 PM »
Actually, here it says via Santa Sofia 12. Nevertheless, an email address is listed.

owlglass

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 05:30:35 PM »
Too bad. I sent an email, but it bounced.