Author Topic: CMT 1 - Mysticae  (Read 759 times)

Muff Diver

• Secret Squirrel is watching!
CMT 1 - Mysticae
« on: September 18, 2019, 08:20:24 PM »

Hello everybody!

I've been gone a while and it's so good to be back @ LMT  :)

This morning I discovered something horrifying as I was getting ready to listen to some Ennio Morricone. 

An old rip from the previous incarnation of LMT was advertised as FLAC. The reality is that it's a 128 transcode, and corrupted at that. I'm hoping that somebody out there can help me with a "new and improved" rip.

Today I'm searching for a clean & LOSSLESS rip of

CMT 1 - Mysticae - Ennio Morricone

https://www.discogs.com/Ennio-Morricone-Mysticae/release/4690173

Since first stumbling onto LMT, I've learned to prefer original vinyl rips wherever possible. In this situation I don't really care if the origin is vintage vinyl or the 2010 CD reissue of CMT 10013 just so long as it's a quality rip.

https://www.discogs.com/Ennio-Morricone-Mysticae-Colonna-Sonora-Originale-Della-Serie-Tv-LUomo-E-La-Magia/release/2694715

The inclusion of Hi-Res scans are always a plus, but I won't be shedding tears if there's none to be had ;)

Thank you for any and all replies.

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

Marx900

Re: CMT 1 - Mysticae
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 05:49:18 PM »

Muff Diver

• Secret Squirrel is watching!
Re: CMT 1 - Mysticae
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 11:59:26 PM »

First of all, thank you Marx900 for sharing your copy of CMT 1.

Unfortunately, your copy is the same copy I already have.  My copy is what we call Fake FLAC. Which is to say that it's really not FLAC at all, but a corrupted mp3 transcode.

Your copy and mine are identical fakes. The only variance is that your tracks are dated more recently (2017) than mine.

In doing a bit of research, I've discovered that my copy was originally ripped back in 2009. It could possibly be even older than this.

For to anyone reading this request, I'm still looking for a clean, LOSSLESS rip of CMT 1.

Thanks in advance for anybody who's able to render assistance.

Finally, thanks again for trying to help Marx900. It's kind of you to make the effort.

:)

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit