Author Topic: Your yearly dose of...mystery Ray Colignon medley  (Read 1007 times)

MrXmusic

Your yearly dose of...mystery Ray Colignon medley
« on: August 24, 2019, 05:54:55 PM »
static.tunnel.ru/media/audio/2017-06/post/106884//06.-fantaziya.mp3 - issued on Soviet LP in 1962

This has that "familiar tune" sound where I can't actually name the piece, but I've heard the tune elsewhere.  The label credit is simply "Fantaziya - Ray Colignon" and that's it.  His other commercial medleys were issued on Soviet discs* under generic titles like Foxtrot, Waltz, and Polka, crediting "Electric organ and instrumental ensemble", then included in dance music sets.

*including the 50-years-obsolete 8" mignon 78rpm...they just truncated & faded out the music to fit it on the smaller discs

This sounds like a medley of two pieces.  Any leads?

Mr

• Administrator
Re: Your yearly dose of...mystery Ray Colignon medley
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 12:02:54 PM »
Is this about library music?

MrXmusic

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 02:26:08 AM »
Is this about library music?

No, but in light of this, I'm not sure if non-library ID questions go here or in Non-Library
Hello MrXmusic.
please use TrackID thread for track id's
[I'd think it would go into Non-Library]

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 04:09:52 AM »
Ideally, as a Library forum, we'd like to keep the "Non-Library" requests/IDs to a minimum. Occasional posts like yours are fine here in Track IDs... ;)
Our Non-Library section was introduced really as just a fun sidebar for interesting "library related" oddities, and what not. We don't want to encourage expanding that area beyond those limits.
| Stack |

MrXmusic

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 02:55:51 PM »
Ideally, as a Library forum, we'd like to keep the "Non-Library" requests/IDs to a minimum. Occasional posts like yours are fine here in Track IDs... ;)
Our Non-Library section was introduced really as just a fun sidebar for interesting "library related" oddities, and what not. We don't want to encourage expanding that area beyond those limits.

That's fine - on that note, I'm uploading a video of the Berry Music Programme Production 5 LP I have