Author Topic: Main questions to tie up Вокруг Света (Around the World) series  (Read 933 times)

MrXmusic

Hey all - this should be one of my last posts asking about this series, though I do plan on videoing the albums in their entirety in the future (as I'll do with my library music albums!).  These tracks I have very little info on, or I want to clear up a quick question - a few other isolated pieces I have more info on, and I or some others I know should be able to track them down. 

For this, it's only...7 tracks!

Thanks in advance, and don't worry - I'll have more library tracks and stuff in exchange for this off-topic help!

Вокруг Света Album 2:  discogs.com/Various-Вокруг-Света-2-Серия/master/541662

-A4 "Samba Mosquito" Самба-Москито, representing Finland (though this piece is known in Russia)
   Does anyone know who wrote it?  The only Russian-language materials I found just credit the arranger, and the 78rpm single only credits the ensemble members here: records.su/album/41447

-A6 "Who's Faster?" Jerzy Wozniak as Е. Возняк - Кто Быстрее? by Сандор, representing Poland
   Who's Sandor? Sanders?  I also wonder if this is close to the original title...

-B3 "Melody of Memories" Монэ Скопи - Мелодия Воспоминаний by Р. Рванэ, representing Romania
   Monet [Mone'] Skopie? Skopje? Rvanet? Irvanet?? 

The original Romanian Electrecord issue might be impossible to trace thanks to poor artist credits...maybe a Romanian cover of a French song?  I'm not sure

Вокруг Света Album 3:  discogs.com/Various-Вокруг-Света-3-Серия/master/359095

-A3 "Favorite Melodies" Любимые Мелодии, Desi Arnaz/Perez Prado/? medley - static.tunnel.ru/media/audio/2017-06/post/106804//03.-lyubimyie-melodii.mp3
   Apparently it's a medley of Cherry Pink & Apple Blossom White, El Cumbanchero, Que Rico el Mambo/Mambo Jambo, maybe a fourth piece?
   It says it's from GDR...but who performed it?  Which...Amiga issue was it on originally?

Вокруг Света Album 10:  discogs.com/Various-Вокруг-Света-10-Серия/master/585936

-A2 "Lima", representing Peru - static.tunnel.ru/media/audio/2017-06/post/106884//02.-lima.mp3
Лима with arranger Н. Анильо
Any idea what this is?  N. Anilo is the arranger...?

-B1 "Fantasie" by Ray Colignon, representing Holland - static.tunnel.ru/media/audio/2017-06/post/106884//06.-fantaziya.mp3
Рей Колиньон "Фантазия"
Other issues where the composer was also the performeer would note the composer, then say "Author" in the artist credit...
Did the opposite happen where they implied Colignon composed this?

Bonus track
mixcloud.com/denismedvedev37/vokrug-sveta-around-the-world-soviet-records-of-the-company-accord-1959-1962-foreign-hits/
At 43:04 - vocal polka - what is it?  I can't seem to find this piece in the series itself, but there are a few tunes I haven't heard yet...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 04:25:27 PM by MrXmusic »

neowave

-A4 "Samba Mosquito" Самба-Москито, representing Finland (though this piece is known in Russia)
   Does anyone know who wrote it? 
Maybe it's a Viljo Vesterinen, but i can't find any another tracks with this melody.
https://www.discogs.com/artist/1476564-Viljo-Vesterinen

MrXmusic

Does anyone know who wrote it? 
Maybe it's a Viljo Vesterinen, but i can't find any another tracks with this melody.
https://www.discogs.com/artist/1476564-Viljo-Vesterinen

I was wondering about that, since it appears he's credited on the other side - though I wonder why they didn't credit him on both sides?
The melody sounds like it was loosely inspired by "Tico Tico no Fubá"...
discogs.com/Various-Исполняют-Участники-VI-Фестиваля/master/1197534 - "Sambo Moskito" on this Aprelevka 78rpm pressing...

"Исполняют участники VI фестиваля: Инструментальный Квинтет (Финляндия)
Самба-москито

Финская полька, муз. Вестезинен

Инструментальный Квинтет:
В. Савимзки (гитара)
С. Ювонен (аккордеон)
В. Винтаканчас (маракас)
А. Розенлунд (к-бас)
А. Риссанен (ударные)"

Performed by participants of the VI festival: Instrumental Quintet (Finland)
Samba mosquito

Finnish polka, mus. Vestesinen

Instrumental Quintet:
V. Savimzki (guitar)
S. Yuvonen (accordion)
V. Vintakanchas (maracas)
A. Rosenlund (k-bass)
A. Rissanen (drums)

On another note, the Sandor of the xylophone solo might be Harry Sander?  ddr-tanzmusik.de/index.php?title=Harry_Sander