Author Topic: Kitschy latino stock music used by Polsat and Turner EMEA  (Read 903 times)

Moleoman

Kitschy latino stock music used by Polsat and Turner EMEA
« on: July 16, 2019, 09:13:04 AM »
I have a problem, since I can't find after two or three years the title of the kitschy latino stock music that was used by Polsat and Turner in EMEA region.

Polsat used this music for intro/outro of "Apetyt na miłość" cooking game show (which lasted from November 2001 till 2002) and the "Idol" III edition casting promo below (at 16:42):

Later, Turner EMEA used this song at least twice - once on a "Gerald McBoing-Boing" contest promo on Boomerang France in ca. 2008 and on the 2010 Cartoon Carnival promo on Cartoon Network Pan-Euro/Africa (see below):

For a few years I've been looking for this cue in various European production music libraries. Although the mystery track sounded a bit Frenchy, I've skimmed through all pre-November 2001 CD albums from Koka Media (incl. some of the 23 missing early KOK albums), Kosinus (incl. KOS 01, 09-10, 24, 50) Cezame, Telemusic and Encore Merci's Music Shop available on the Internet and couldn't find it. I heavily doubt this track came from ex-Zomba music libraries (Bruton, Chappell, Firstcom, Galerie) due to the labels not being officially distributed in Poland until mid-2002 (excl. Connect which was until then distributed in Poland by Koch Music).

I'll be thankful for any help.

Mr

• Administrator
Re: Kitschy latino stock music used by Polsat and Turner EMEA
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 09:19:30 AM »
That's not library, but a commercial track;
"Soul Bossa Nova" by Quincy Jones.

Moleoman

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 09:28:07 AM »
Thank you very much. No wonder why my longtime searches through production music libraries and assumptions for this track (especially due to "Soul Bossa Nova" being instrumental) frequently failed. :)

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 01:18:26 PM »
I slightly vamped version was used on the opening of Austin Powers "Goldmember"