Author Topic: Few more unknown Ren and Stimpy cues.  (Read 2316 times)

Walk the Skies 202

Few more unknown Ren and Stimpy cues.
« on: July 07, 2019, 09:22:20 AM »
hxxps://drive.google.com/open?id=1TJ1cXYn3YwoTo07NS9ejZU_2AK6KtNiW

Compiled a few more unknown cues from Ren and Stimpy, these ones being the more interesting of the currently unknown cues. For reference:
AH - Aloha Hoek
BH - Bell Hops [definitely an older cue, but can't find it anywhere]
FD - Fake Dad
RNH - Ren Needs Help
SFC - Stimpy's Fan Club
WB - Weiner Barons [might be on a vinyl release, best guess would be a Sonoton Ethnic one, as there are similar-sounding cues from that lineup]

Feeling mostly satisfied with one of my other ID threads, I've also thrown in the unknown piano Beavis and Butt-Head commercial break cue to see if that can also be identified.

apmnut

Re: Few more unknown Ren and Stimpy cues.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 03:14:43 PM »
Sorry, can't help you with any of these. That "Bell Hops" track, though, has to be from Hi-Q. Possibly the "Fan Club" calliope music, but that could be from an SFX library. The "Ren Needs Help" track might be archive, not sure which library, though. KPM?

kablamatic

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 04:28:06 AM »
Here is an updated folder of all the remaining unknown R&S tracks sans the "Ren Needs Help" cue (which was already identified years ago):

drive.google.com/drive/folders/15pxh1LX4OdRhjSoJQskHs-c13PFPQGTu?usp=sharing

There are only 20 remaining unknown tracks to be identified for the show, although 7 of them may possibly be original music.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 05:09:14 AM by kablamatic »

Gabrielv

• Registered
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 05:55:34 PM »
I found the “B&BH Unknown” one titled More Love - Jeff Newmann: hxxps://youtu.be/zQyxfPPWtAw

WSBG Returns Yet Again!

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2022, 06:00:21 PM »
I found the “B&BH Unknown” one titled More Love - Jeff Newmann: hxxps://youtu.be/zQyxfPPWtAw

That's a song that sampled the track.
Peace, Love, and Library Music!

kablamatic

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2023, 11:42:59 PM »
Figured I'd bump this after a few months of being dormant.

Walk the Skies 202 identified "sidekickunion" as "Death in Battle A" by Gregor Narholz from Sonoton SCD 147 "SHOCK SCENES - Gregor F. Narholz"

Now there are only 19 left!

kablamatic

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2023, 06:43:22 AM »
The remaining unknown track from the episode "Feud For Sale" is in fact the last few seconds of ""Lohengrin-Entweihte Gotter Ordtrud 2nd Act" by Richard Wagner from the Carlin CPM Classical library.

Now there are 18 unknown tracks left to go!

Walk the Skies 202

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2023, 12:28:13 PM »
The remaining unknown track from the episode "Feud For Sale" is in fact the last few seconds of ""Lohengrin-Entweihte Gotter Ordtrud 2nd Act" by Richard Wagner from the Carlin CPM Classical library.

Now there are 18 unknown tracks left to go!
I had just a week or two ago found that same track in MTV's Butt Bowl IV promo, and for a while now suspected the Feud For Sale track to be a classical one.

In regards to several of the other unknown tracks, I think the number may be closer to 8 left, as I think I've made some interesting discoveries in the GEMA repertoire that I chronicled here: hxxps://renandstimpmusic.blogspot.com/2021/04/terminal-stimpy-reverend-jack.html?showComment=1682307656895#c1721368504579668222

lbjames

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2023, 04:16:51 PM »
Here is an updated folder of all the remaining unknown R&S tracks sans the "Ren Needs Help" cue (which was already identified years ago):

drive.google.com/drive/folders/15pxh1LX4OdRhjSoJQskHs-c13PFPQGTu?usp=sharing

There are only 20 remaining unknown tracks to be identified for the show, although 7 of them may possibly be original music.

access denied

apmnut

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2023, 09:21:09 PM »
A quick thought about that drum piece from "Big House Blues" - I think it's likely a sound effect from an unidentified source, instead of from a music library, which may explain why nobody's been able to find it yet. A good place to look for it might be on the Valentino or Elektra sound effect LPs - there's an "African Drums" track on the former that may be it, although I can't presently find any audio for it at the moment. If not, it might be from whatever source some of the other SFX in the short came from originally.

kablamatic

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2023, 03:00:30 AM »
apmnut, I don't think it would be from either SFX library as I've already heard those jungle drum sound effects from both libraries and none of them yield a match. They could, however, be part of the same library as the "Stimpy's Fan Club" title card music.

WTS 202, I would say we are down to nine unknown tracks right now. AllenJ and I still don't believe that "Sudden End" sounds like the final unknown cue in "I Love Chicken", even if it's just listed in those cue sheets. It sounds like it may be from one of the Capitol Hi-Q X "specialty" albums (possibly alongside the "Reverend Jack Cheese" fanfare; X7/X8 perhaps).

Walk the Skies 202

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2023, 10:59:56 PM »
apmnut, I don't think it would be from either SFX library as I've already heard those jungle drum sound effects from both libraries and none of them yield a match. They could, however, be part of the same library as the "Stimpy's Fan Club" title card music.

WTS 202, I would say we are down to nine unknown tracks right now. AllenJ and I still don't believe that "Sudden End" sounds like the final unknown cue in "I Love Chicken", even if it's just listed in those cue sheets. It sounds like it may be from one of the Capitol Hi-Q X "specialty" albums (possibly alongside the "Reverend Jack Cheese" fanfare; X7/X8 perhaps).
As of today, I loaded Sudden End into a Vegas alongside the episode, and have gotten both audio tracks lined up to the point that when they play they sound strange and warpy, something I've learned through editing videos that audio tracks only do if they are one-to-one identical. So yes, I do believe it is Sudden End that's used in I Love Chicken, it's just rather hard to discern behind Ren yelling "marriage!?"

PJP0

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2023, 03:43:03 AM »
Didn't know this thread was here, but the WB track was finally identified
"Wie Geht's Denn Huet?" by Jan Wolgan from a non-rereleased Conroy album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0D-qoPM2Fc

kablamatic

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2024, 08:40:45 PM »
Well, with "Chase (ZR-118)" identified for the episode, "Bell Hops", there are only seven tracks left to be identified.

Here's my guess on these snippets:

- The "Big House Blues" and "Stimpy's Fan Club" tracks may be from an old, unknown sound effects library. I've already searched through some Major Records/Valentino and all the Elektra Records sound effects albums, but couldn't find any matches for both of them.

- The "I Love Chicken" and "Reverend Jack Cheese" tracks sound like they come from the Capitol Hi-Q/Media Music library (possibly Hi-Q Reel X7/X8, where the track "Cha-Cha-Cha" by Ib Glindemann from "In the Army" comes off of).

- The "Aloha Hoek" and "Wiener Barons" tracks seem to be the last APM Music/Carlin Production Music (CPM) cues left to be identified, whether online or on physical media that either used to be or have never been digitized.

- The "My Shiny Friend" track could possibly be either production music from the various labels listed above or a sound effect, but I'm still unsure about this.

apmnut

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2024, 09:50:32 PM »
My other thought on the "Stimpy's Fan Club" tune is that maybe the music editor for that episode just took it off some obscure old LP of "calliope/circus" music that they or somebody at Spumco had lying around.