Author Topic: Randall And Hopkirk Deceased S1E08 · Whoever Heard of a Ghost Dying?  (Read 1699 times)

Dick Turpin

I was watching one of my all time favourite programmes, Randall & Hopkirk deceased and there is a nightclub scene complete with "Groovy Dancing" and recognised the background track, after a quick bit of digging in the old collection I realised it was Jack Arel & Jean-Claude Petit - Time Is Getting Short from [Chappell] - DMM 303 - Jean-Claude Petit Et Son Orchestre - Dance & Mood Music Vol.3 (1967)

Video clip in high quality of club scene, 35mb

mega.nz/#!Ve4g0AJR!vfj7jQfYoLCwTnmXnl0uG5tTSrTAtkBGJvSEcjCAomo

Enjoy the cool dancing  8]
Hands up, give me all your hammond !

Retronic

• Administrator
DT, you've meade my weekend.  LOVE THAT- looks just like an allniter I go to.

'Time is Getting Short' is also used at the start of Herschell Gordon Lewis' 'How to Make a Doll' (1968).

stackjackson

• Administrator
Not familiar with this show, but that was a fun clip. Thanks for the smiles, DT.
| Stack |

ericmivalstoothbrush

Thanks for that link and ID! Love Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased)! Well, I love pretty much any ITC show to be honest...

I have that Herschell Gordon Lewis film in my watchpile. Will keep my ears open when I finally get to it!

Retronic

• Administrator

I have that Herschell Gordon Lewis film in my watchpile. Will keep my ears open when I finally get to it!

It's rammed full of Chappell.  More here:

https://retroteque.wordpress.com/2017/10/23/gore-scores/

ericmivalstoothbrush

It's rammed full of Chappell.  More here:

https://retroteque.wordpress.com/2017/10/23/gore-scores/

Brilliant! Thanks for that link (and for your generous post of WAVs!). I've been working my way through Arrow's Herschell Gordon Lewis cereal box set but I didn't know there was so many library cues used in his films!

Retronic

• Administrator
I didn’t until I watched them on the same set in order.   Color Me Blood Red seems exclusively old KPMs. The rest seem to be Chappells.  Some good stuff actually- How to Make a Doll, although not a great film, has got some good light music cues.

Muff Diver

• Secret Squirrel is watching!

In those years of the late 1960s to mid-70s, ITC worked very closely with Chappell Music.

Fer instance, all of the soundtracks for The Prisoner (and there's been several) were approx 99% sourced from the Chappell Archives.

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit