Author Topic: Help with 2 known tracks original sources (Mexico To Tripoli and The Equalizer)  (Read 1013 times)

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
Hi all, I have 2 tracks which are known but I don't have a clue on their original sources. I have searched many times to no avail and even reached out to Sam Spence quite a few years before he died, but I knew that would be slim chance.

First would be "Mexico To Tripoli" by John Cacavas from Valentino Music, released on CD in the 1990s (V-CD No. 81 - Marches) but must have been on vinyl on Major Records before that as it appeared on a TV show in 1986. Does anyone possibly know which vinyl this would be from 1986 or prior? http://dl.craig-uk.com/18.%20Mexico%20To%20Tripoli.mp3 - Found to be from 6018

Secondly is "The Equalizer" by Sam Spence from NFL Music Library, released on CD in 1996 (NFL 04 - On To Victory) and again mainstream in 1998 (The Power And The Glory: Original Music And Voices Of NFL Films). Much like the track above it must have been released before that, I have downloaded and listened to all the known NFL Music Library vinyls to no avail. This track was used in 1989 so must be from a vinyl from 1989 or prior, maybe not even NFL? http://dl.craig-uk.com/The_Equalizer_NFL_0004_00501.mp3

Any help with either of these would be really appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 10:28:20 PM by Craig-UK »

musica.incidental

The unique information I have is from the PDF's Valentino CDs from its old and now extint page.
I paste it here complete.
Discogs has not any information about this release :o

Valentino Production Music: Evergreen Library: CD / Track

CD Nš 33

1 1:42 Jewel of the Sea
Famous Sousa March played in brilliant style by a top notch military band.
John Cacavas Thomas J. Valentino Inc. ASCAP Traditional American March Lively Nautical

2 3:31 To the Fairest
Charles Cassey Thomas J. Valentino Inc. ASCAP Traditional American March Lively Nautical

3 0:31 Commanders March
John Cacavas Thomas J. Valentino Inc. ASCAP Traditional American March Lively Nautical

4 1:39 City of Washington

5 2:16 Father and Son

6 2:19 Forever Faithful

7 1:35 Bounding Billows

8 1:07 Mexico to Tripoli

9 1:35 Old John Brown

10 0:41 Chief's Reception

11 2:16 Rio Grande Captain
Charles Cassey Thomas J. Valentino Inc. ASCAP Traditional American March Lively Nautical

12 1:21 Player of the Sea

13 1:46 Thunder and Blazes

14 1:06 Beautiful Land

15 3:06 Long May She Wave

16 2:41 Soiree In Granada
Guitar solo expertly performed by a virtuoso guitarist.
Mario Nascimbene RFT Music Publishing Corp. BMI SIAE Solo Guitar Dramatic Foreign
17 1:34 Fest a Napolitana
Mario Nascimbene RFT Music Publishing Corp. BMI SIAE Solo Guitar Dramatic Foreign
18 0:31 Recollection
19 1:05 Lola
20 1:04 My Lost Love
21 0:35 Flamenco Dance
Mario Nascimbene RFT Music Publishing Corp. BMI SIAE Solo Guitar Dramatic Foreign Dance
22 0:08 Dance Finale
23 0:05 Spanish Guitar Curtian
24 0:08 Tarantella Curtain
25 1:56 Mystery of the Night
26 1:17 Valse Serenade
27 0:45 Little Roman
28 1:58 Mokihama
Hawaiian traditional number played by a native Hawaiian ensemble.
Tannasy & Pineapple Thomas J. Valentino Inc. ASCAP Hawaiian Traditional
29 2:08 Lanakila
30 2:08 Enchanted Island
31 2:16 Hawaiian Lullaby

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
Thanks for that. I also have the information from their website also from a demo disc.
hxxps://mega.nz/#!EVZGQKiR!MwGyYWvLuFZfN1jJrvarPbPGQQFUXOw9vxjaByWpmQI - Evergreen
hxxps://mega.nz/#!UEYQgaDD!-2xDiYYZJ5HU7X56GXt2Br3w8KELyVBwMqC14Fnv8fc - Valentino

Unfortunately Evergreen, much like Valentino, was a compilation of older tracks as far as I know.