Author Topic: Needle Drop On Vinyl Rip  (Read 998 times)

Mr Rain

• Mr Rain Music
Needle Drop On Vinyl Rip
« on: March 25, 2019, 02:29:01 PM »
I have a few recordings I thought I would share but I need to split them and tag them first. I like to keep the needle drop in the recording to remind me I am listening to record (kind of) but I thought maybe it isn't the generally accepted practice so I thought I would ask. With or without needle drop? Is there a rule?

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: Needle Drop On Vinyl Rip
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 02:57:02 PM »
No rule- and people can edit it out if they don’t like it. It’s your rip :-)
Personally I like it tight so the track comes in almost immediately- I don’t like long gaps. This is based on when I’m flicking through tracks on a portable player and have endless long intros but each to their own.

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 03:59:53 PM »
I'm with Retro on this - I prefer the track starts right away and rather the 'breath' between tracks be at the end.
It's ultimately your own choice, though, and people can re-edit the files if they are so inclined ;)

Mr Rain

• Mr Rain Music
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 05:33:31 AM »
I will keep the original, unsplit recording complete with needle drops for when I want the vinyl experience (I am going to be without records for a while) and split them along the lines you have mentioned for sharing and portable playing. Thanks for your input  :)