Author Topic: Request Section  (Read 1589 times)

Killa-The-Librarian

• I'm Still Alive
Request Section
« on: February 01, 2019, 04:13:42 PM »
Admins is there a way to make it where you can only post in the request section maybe once a day or so?

There are about 10 guys that just live in there and can bury legitimate request from members in less than a day or so with the possibility that no one ever even sees your request.

joelfan71

Re: Request Section
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 10:24:12 PM »
I do understand this and agree. It does seem there are a hand full of users or just screen names that simply post multiple massive requests and simply do NOTHING else. This is not imply that you must upload files; however when you request thirty or forty different titles in a post, multiple times in a day; it becomes apparent they have no interest in ANY interaction in our community.

[(Sub)]

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 08:51:23 PM »
!Yep!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 08:54:37 PM by [(Sub)] »

tezeta

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 08:53:39 PM »
This seems like a good idea to me, too.

RedMonarch

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 11:39:23 PM »
Totally agree with killa on this one, these requests are getting out of hand.

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 02:41:45 AM »
I share your frustration on this. We'll see what we can work out.
| Stack |

Killa-The-Librarian

• I'm Still Alive
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 03:38:11 AM »
Cool, or maybe they cant access the requests section until 100 comments or something.   
Kind of irritates me to see someone make their first 20 comments asking for 20 different albums and not participating in any other way.

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 05:03:13 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion, K.
We've a-bit-more-than-doubled the amount of threads per page, and will focus more on keeping single rather than many different threads of requests per user, which will keep a more natural flow of things going forward.

Cheers

The_Eleventh_Hour

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 06:26:57 PM »
One thing i used to do on a forum i used to run was keep the request and the download sections hidden till a new user has posted several posts. Not sure if that can be done here or how viable it could be, but a thought perhaps!

Cymande75

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 08:21:59 PM »
I can see both sides to the equation really I can understand you guys frustrations but I also see the requests as positives it introduces new titles for people to listen to and find. requesting stuff in a request sections does a job nicely but excessive multiple requests I can see why it would wind people up. But if people want to ignore said people thats fine also, folk would soon get the picture. Another angle as well is some music lovers love to talk about music and others just love to listen and don't enjoy the forum stage and loathe the chit chat. Horses for courses I suppose. Must admit though it's my first ever forum I've ever joined and for a grumpy brit I rather like it.

RedMonarch

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 06:17:30 AM »
As a temporary solution, people on the request section should make a SINGLE thread with a list of all the stuff they want, this way we avoid having tons of threads that end up buring other peoples posts.