Author Topic: The art and the way  (Read 1008 times)

[(Sub)]

The art and the way
« on: January 18, 2019, 01:00:49 PM »
Before, you must understand that I don't want to hurt anybody, I just bring my vision

7 years minimum that we have tried to advance our knowledge collectivly through a multitude of RIP in all its states!
We all had a craze for the library that quickly resulted in bulimia! (Most of us will recognize ourselves),
but I want to say that even if you're hungry and thirsty, you can also be human and behave decently!
Even those who stay away have the decency not to claim in addition to not being active.
For some time now, a mass of new members have arrived in droves, who are just asking for this or that,
without ever thanking anyone who shares, or just to thank their friend. . .
We've already known such a moment. . . , and with these attitude we're going in circles rather than moving forward!

I am sorry to note that LMT remains very amateurish as a whole, whereas it could be a reference in
library archive material more than it is
We're still collecting a bunch of fake FLAC and rip-offs for the Nth time!
When are we going to understand that the importance today is to save LPs in HiQ
but especially with their original sound!
It is true that it is more obvious to push the bass and treble (because of the conventional Gauss curve for vinyls)
but I think it's up to everyone to do this kind of manipulation.
Declicking and denoising them, however sophisticated they may be, cuts off part of the dynamics and harmonics
just like MP3 does in a way,... it's a shame!
We find this problem with all the archives of most of the sites that say they are official, where flac and mp3 are the same thing
so much declicked and denoised is the sound.
In the long run, we no longer know what the sound of a song like, as it was mixed in studio!

In short, we are playing at being passionate, but what are we passionate about?. . . our bulimia,
or the deep desire to archive with a little common sense?
We need to be fraternal if we want to see LMT go up a notch, I appeal to all those who can!

For the new members, I just want to say : don't stress, be cool,
you have a library ocean front of you, just be here as you are
and don't forget to take the time to listen to ! After what you should ask for some request

Greta

• Administrator
Re: The art and the way
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 01:19:11 PM »
I appeal to all those who can!

I understand your point Sub, and I absolutely agree with the quoted.
I'm not very tech in sound quality, I don't even own a turntable. I must say I also prefer raw rips by the way.
I really enjoy this music and I take what I can get, hoping it sounds good enough on a home stereo, not only on portable players. And doing my best to give something too.
Many here do the same, I guess. Others not. But once more, I agree with your appeal.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:22:37 PM by Greta »
G.