Author Topic: Christmas library CDs (OK I know it's January, but...)  (Read 1384 times)

Herr Balpert

Christmas library CDs (OK I know it's January, but...)
« on: January 09, 2019, 04:02:11 PM »
I'm looking for flac rips of...

Chappell CHAP260 Christmas Kitsch
Chappell CHAP225 Christmas Crackers
Atmosphere ATMOS162

This is to complete a compilation used by the BBC for night-time Christmas cover when there were no programmes. Any help would be very welcome. Thanks again. You have all been very helpful!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 11:40:54 PM by MediaOchre »

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
Re: Christmas library CDs (OK I know it's January, but...)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 01:39:20 PM »
I have ripped my CD of FC-S21 - Christmas Traditions
hxxps://mega.nz/#!BZAnGKLR!f22IG_meLCMtPbYcUcZKuJwU1DMHZBIsZBgoIkUEc-w

I would download the others for you but 99% of your posts are requests, so I think you should contribute back to the community in some way.

Herr Balpert

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 11:13:30 PM »
It doesn't matter Craig, you don't have to, and I would contribute more, but:

A: I don't know how to.

B: Most of what I have already came from here so I don't see the point,
and
C: Whatever I request will be useful to everybody on this site, not just me. I have had stuff uploaded at my request and had five or six people all coming in saying thanks for the uploads/upgrades!

I don't even request that often, I just keep sending my old request posts back up the board every now and then. There are others requesting stuff and not uploading besides myself.

I hope that puts my side of the story forward. Perhaps others want to comment on this topic.

Thank you for your upload.

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 11:41:42 AM »
You're welcome on the upload.

I do get what you're saying in your reply and I understand.

A. It is very easy to contribute, it does not necessarily have to be music that you contribute with but with information to others. If you did want to share music then it if you have an album on your PC, zip it up (most computers have this capability already installed) and upload to any free sharing site (mega.nz, sendspace.com etc) and post the link here.

B. Even if 98% of what you have came from here, people would appreciate the 2% that didn't or even reposts of other peoples shares for newer members. Like I say it contributing does not have to be music.

C. I do agree with this statement as I have made a few requests myself and others have jumped in on it which is great.

You state you have not made requests that often, which maybe for a new person may be right I am not sure. From a very quick count you have made 13 request topics, requesting 67 albums in total since January. This does not include any replies to the posts or other peoples posts with further requests. I am all for people making requests but I just think for every 10-20 albums you request you should at least try and give something back to the community, it's a small gesture to the great people who have provided so much here.

Please note this is not just directed at you and I don't mean it to pick on you so to speak.

Herr Balpert

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 06:14:19 PM »

You state you have not made requests that often, which maybe for a new person may be right I am not sure. From a very quick count you have made 13 request topics, requesting 67 albums in total since January. This does not include any replies to the posts or other peoples posts with further requests. I am all for people making requests but I just think for every 10-20 albums you request you should at least try and give something back to the community, it's a small gesture to the great people who have provided so much here.

Please note this is not just directed at you and I don't mean it to pick on you so to speak.

I notice you went to the time and trouble of counting the number of albums I requested over several posts. It's difficult to take someone seriously when they resort to this level of digging just to criticise another member. It's like when people count the number of swearwords in a TV programme so they can include the number in a letter of complaint.

If a member does something to harm the site in any way the moderators are there to act.

If I see someone asking a question to which I have the answer, then I answer for their benefit, but this opportunity has hardly ever presented itself.

If I am to contribute, well I could probably upload pages from catalogues as I have a few of those. I have old LP and CD catalogues from Sonoton, Intersound, Colorsound, de Wolfe, Amphonic (Sound Stage), Peer International, Omnimusic, and one or two others I can't remember.

I usually ask people if they already have the material on their systems. I don't ask people to rip specially from vinyl or go to a lot of work. At the moment my only requirements are the entries still active on my various posts. If people already have them, then perhaps they may post a link, and everyone will benefit. If not, well it's not that big of a deal really.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 06:15:56 PM by MediaOchre »

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 10:14:27 PM »
It took all of 1 minute to count up the albums you had requested, if I had listed them all then it would have been a different story. It took me longer to check whether I had the CDs you wanted, but I guess that part doesn't matter.

I stated that I was not criticising you but rather giving you a general courtesy guidance for someone who mainly posts in the requests setcion.

If you can't take me serious then I guess I am not serious enough to help you out any further and I am sorry you feel that way. Good day sir.

Herr Balpert

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 10:57:04 PM »
Sorry Craig, I didn't mean that to be offensive.  :(