Author Topic: Janko Nilovic interview by It's Psychedelic Baby magazine (Klemen Breznikar)  (Read 1493 times)

tezeta

Here's something over five years old now (and one of the first pieces I ever read about library music), posted in the hopes that someone will get a kick out of it.

Highly recommend psychedelicbabymag.com (no longer in print) to all the music lovers here for its insightful interviews, reviews, and articles!

http://www.psychedelicbabymag.com/2013/02/janko-nilovic-interview.html

One (slightly modified) quote from the interview:

"From "Vocal Impressions" to "Supra Pop Impressions" I used all my musical knowledge. I know why those records had a success. It's because in 1969 the Background music was all old numbers. When I arrived, I quietly revolutionized the kind of work. After my last record “Balkan Impressions” (Belgium), I stopped because a lot of musicians & composers copied my works and saturate the market. During my contract with MP 2000, I was completely free concerning the choice of the style, compositions and the arrangements. That was a real advantage."

(Just a shot in the dark, but does anybody here have Balkans Impressions? I quite like this one track I've heard off it...)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 02:28:42 AM by tezeta »

tezeta

Nilovic is more positive about Jay-Z and "D.O.A." in this other nice interview from a year later...

https://www.passionweiss.com/2014/11/25/janko-nilovic-interview/

stackjackson

• Administrator
Thanks for these links, tezeta.
| Stack |

Greta

• Administrator
Yes, very interesting. Thank you.
G.

Your Pal Doug

I enjoyed reading this.
Lucky I have some Nilovic songs on my phone that I had to listen to immediately after on my car ride into work!

a8detective

• a8detective - YouTube
(Just a shot in the dark, but does anybody here have Balkans Impressions? I quite like this one track I've heard off it...)

Thank you for the interview links. I've ripped that. It's fantastic! I'll post it in the LPs section.

le_tomval

• Tom Val Records
Nice reading thanks

tezeta

Thank you all for the thanks, I've enjoyed these interviews a lot as well!