Author Topic: Let’s talk Sam Fox/ Synchro-Fox stuff  (Read 12106 times)

Mr

• Administrator
Re: Let’s talk Sam Fox/ Synchro-Fox stuff
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2018, 09:46:49 PM »
Thanks for the Nascimbene, a8!

1019 and 2001 would be amazing when you get time :)
Sure thing:
SF 1019 - Untitled
nova://www77.zippyshare.com/v/pYyzb7aT/file.html

SF 2001 - Light and Modern Movement-Marches-Documentary-Ceremonial-Dramatic-Suspense
ssix://www77.zippyshare.com/v/lOIcWGLO/file.html

Mr, would you up 1020 & YPD would you upload 1017, please? 
Of course! :)
SF 1020 - Electronic Effects
drops://www77.zippyshare.com/v/uZiTikRn/file.html

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2018, 09:53:15 PM »
Lovely.  Thanks all. We’re ticking them off!  I’ll rip some Saturday ;-)

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2018, 01:49:02 AM »
Retro, I've uploaded 6, 12, 13, 25, 29, cause 15, 21 and 30 have been uploaded by Stack already.
25 is only side b unfortunately, and 29 is flac.

www65.zippyshare.com/v/pS6LffuS/file.html
G.

The_Eleventh_Hour

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2018, 03:22:53 AM »
Thanks for the Nascimbene, a8!

1019 and 2001 would be amazing when you get time :)
Sure thing:
SF 1019 - Untitled
nova://www77.zippyshare.com/v/pYyzb7aT/file.html

SF 2001 - Light and Modern Movement-Marches-Documentary-Ceremonial-Dramatic-Suspense
ssix://www77.zippyshare.com/v/lOIcWGLO/file.html

Mr, would you up 1020 & YPD would you upload 1017, please? 
Of course! :)
SF 1020 - Electronic Effects
drops://www77.zippyshare.com/v/uZiTikRn/file.html

Much Appreciated :)

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2018, 07:53:25 AM »
Thanks Greta- thanks all.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 07:56:11 AM by Retronic »

Flemming

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2018, 01:27:57 PM »
Thank you everybody  :)

Your Pal Doug

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2018, 01:54:48 PM »
YPD would you upload 1017, please? 

I have it ripped in 192 kbps with scratch noises.
I have today free.  I'll see if I can clean it up and rip it. (If I can find it in one of the boxes in the garage from our move)

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2018, 02:04:20 PM »
Cheers, fella

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2018, 11:13:33 PM »
Thanks for the upgrades, Greta!

Upgrade

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2018, 09:45:12 AM »
Yeah, something must have happened when the Carlin Archive Series decided to reissue some of the Sam Fox material.

Nino Nardini's "Stars and Teardrops" from SF 1007 became "Joe Cool" on CAS Jazzy Vibes.

Philippe Parès' "Cafard" from SF 1012 became "Blues For You" on Jazzy Vibes and attributed to his father, Gabriel Parès.

Then Sinetone AMR decided to make two Philippe Parès et son orchestre albums, Thoughts and Urgency, that combined his library work from Sam Fox, Synchro, and Southern Library of Recorded Music and from a "regular-sold-to-the-public" French label, Pacific.

apmnut

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2018, 03:05:43 PM »
Anyone know the original title for "Skip and Jump" and "Chinese Mystery" by Cecil Leuter and Nino Nardini respectively? They're two of my favorite cues from Fox.

Also, thanks for the uploads, Stack and Greta.

Muff Diver

• Secret Squirrel is watching!
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2018, 09:32:50 PM »

Before last night, I'd only heard about Sam Fox records, but never heard any. What a haul!

I even got some good quality generic covers for use in future archiving  ;D

Thanks to everybody who contributed their rips and background info.
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

Upgrade

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2018, 03:34:01 AM »
Anybody happen to know how to find the recording or release year for these Sam Fox pieces?

It seems like 1973 was when they started putting copyright dates starting with SF 1028. But that’s near the end of the known run.

I cannot seem to find dates for the earlier SF numbers.

Assuming that the Synchro Library of Recorded Music is related, they put their dates on the 78 releases as late as 1959 which would still leave quite a long gap.

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2018, 08:07:28 PM »
Anybody happen to know how to find the recording or release year for these Sam Fox pieces?

It seems like 1973 was when they started putting copyright dates starting with SF 1028. But that’s near the end of the known run.

Assuming that the Synchro Library of Recorded Music is related, they put their dates on the 78 releases as late as 1959 which would still leave quite a long gap.
I've heard some of the Sam Fox cues were in use for drive-in cinemas in the 60's, so it probably starts somewhere in the early-to-mid-60's with SF 1001? Just speculation, though, unfortunately. It seems to have become "Synchro-Fox" c. 1973.
One of the Loren R. Wilfong cues on SF 1001 was copyright registered in 1963, so that'd be my guess.

Curiously, according to a 1959 edition of Billboard Magazine, Synchro Music was set up as a partnership between Sam Fox and Southern Music(!). The same source claims that Sam Fox was, in 1959, run by Keith Prowse and Peter Maurice of KPM.
Contemporary records indicate Sam Fox' different branches have ended up various places; Sam Fox Australia under Southern Music Publ. Co. and Sam Fox Musikverlag (Germany) under Peer-Southern while Sam Fox Publ. Co., Inc. (USA) and Sam Fox Publ. Co. Ltd. (UK) seems to have remained independent.

apmnut

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2018, 09:46:02 PM »

I've heard some of the Sam Fox cues were in use for drive-in cinemas in the 60's, so it probably starts somewhere in the early-to-mid-60's with SF 1001? Just speculation, though, unfortunately. It seems to have become "Synchro-Fox" c. 1973.
One of the Loren R. Wilfong cues on SF 1001 was copyright registered in 1963, so that'd be my guess.

Curiously, according to a 1959 edition of Billboard Magazine, Synchro Music was set up as a partnership between Sam Fox and Southern Music(!). The same source claims that Sam Fox was, in 1959, run by Keith Prowse and Peter Maurice of KPM.
Contemporary records indicate Sam Fox' different branches have ended up various places; Sam Fox Australia under Southern Music Publ. Co. and Sam Fox Musikverlag (Germany) under Peer-Southern while Sam Fox Publ. Co., Inc. (USA) and Sam Fox Publ. Co. Ltd. (UK) seems to have remained independent.

That is correct, you can hear tons of Fox cues (known and unknown) over those ubiquitous little films made for drive-ins if you type in "hey folks it's intermission time", or "drive-in intermission" or anything in that same vein in YouTube. A lot of those cues are among my personal "holy grails", one of these days I might post clips of them in the Track ID section.

I've always kinda felt there was a connection between Fox and Southern, since the Brussels New Concert Orchestra recorded cues for both labels, and also because composers like Joseph Cacciola who wrote cues for Fox later turned up writing cues for Southern.

Same with KPM. There's undoubtedly a connection between KPM and Fox in my mind, and that article seems to back this suspicion up. As I've pointed out before, there are Hi-Q albums with KPM material with an "SF" prefix (D-93/94, at least one "L" album, I forget which other ones), and there's a few Bill Loose cues on one of the Fox 1000 series albums that ended up being re-released by KPM (curiously, none of them were retitled).

Another thought: what if some of the earlier SF 1000 series albums have some re-released tracks? SF 1012 has a few honky-tonk piano arrangements of public domain tunes from Vic Lamont which are obviously older than when they were released as "Winter Tales" was used by Hanna-Barbera in 1958, well before the likely release date of these earlier albums, wouldn't be surprised if some of the other tracks on them are either re-releases of older tracks or of foreign library material.